Hacking PS vita slim or TV

simonhwsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a vita slim and a pstv and and a little collection of retail cartridges (18 games to be precise, 4 of them only playable on the handheld) and I can't decide in which of them should I use henkaku, since it's been said that it's unlikely for 3.61 or above to have an exploit and it's not even posible the fw spoofing, and I'm still looking forward to some upcoming titles ¿any thoughts?

Last edited by simonhwsn,

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd get henkaku on both. I own 4 vitas and all have henkaku. You'll likely be able to spoof current firmwares to play any games on them.

With the PSTV, it supports multiplayer retroarch emulators, so that's a nice bonus.

If you're really intent on online play, then keeping one at official FW is not a bad idea, I guess.

Galick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd get henkaku on both. I own 4 vitas and all have henkaku. You'll likely be able to spoof current firmwares to play any games on them.

Might be a while until we wait for spoofing to play 3.61 games. Have a look here.

OP, if I were you, I'd think about if there are any features that are Vita specific, such as the touchscreen, that make the games you're waiting for more enjoyable.

Last edited by Galick,

simonhwsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be a while until we wait for spoofing to play 3.61 games. Have a look here.

OP, if I were you, I'd think about if there are any features that are Vita specific, such as the touchscreen, that make the games you're waiting for more enjoyable.

The problem is there's no way I can tell. I did a little research https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(A–L) most of the upcoming games don't even specify if they'll be pstv compatible. I'm mostly interested in JRPGs (which I think it's the most prolific genre in the psvita anyway) I think they should be compatible for the most part but I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking for advice.

Last edited by simonhwsn,
D

Deleted-379826

Galick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is there's no way I can tell. I did a little research https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(A–L) most of the upcoming games don't even specify if they'll be pstv compatible. I'm mostly interested in JRPGs (which I thing it's the most prolific genre in the psvita anyway) I think they should be compatible for the most part.

Yeah, I think it's a safe bet that they'll be compatible with the PSTV. If it were me, I'd keep my Vita on HENkaku since I really love the feel of playing retro games on a handheld. There'll be a point where we'll have a N64 emulator working too.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
id henkaku them both as well i have 3 all on henkaku now looking for a pstv to do the same with, just hoping to get either showbox or popcorntime ported on this eventually as well

Michael_92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought new ones. I have a PSTV on 3.61 and OLED Vita on 3.61. I also have a PSTV on 3.6 and a Slim Vita on 3.6.

What surprised me is just how much better the LCD screen is than the black crushing, mud screen that is the oled lol. I'm keeping the oled for Vita games though.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought new ones. I have a PSTV on 3.61 and OLED Vita on 3.61. I also have a PSTV on 3.6 and a Slim Vita on 3.6.

What surprised me is just how much better the LCD screen is than the black crushing, mud screen that is the oled lol. I'm keeping the oled for Vita games though.

There's something wrong with your OLED Vita if the LCD looks better. You are quite honestly the only Vita owner I have ever heard pass judgement that likes the LCD screen more.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Galick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Could you post some comparison pics between you OLED and your Slim? I'm really curious to see what you mean.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
the oled has better blacks and is more vibrant with colors, the lcd is more clear and more natural looking less vibrant.

i loved the oled when i had it, now i have the lcd vita slim.

it is a good vita , i like the screen.
it is not as bad as some said comparing it to the oled, it is still super clear and fine HD even with an LCD it looks great!

and yes i had the blotches on my OLED too, but it was not a biggie.

the thing i like most about the vita slim has to be the buttons, the circle power/start/select buttons feel awesome.
(to anyone who has a fat original oled ps vita, i advise you to keep it! there is no need to upgrade to the slim vita, they are literally the same in every aspect except for the screens, if i still had my oled i wouldnt have bought the slim vita. and we only had slim vitas around or i would have opted for an oled vita again!)

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Michael_92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's something wrong with your OLED Vita if the LCD looks better. You are quite honestly the only Vita owner I have ever heard pass judgement that likes the LCD screen more.

Oled is garbage. I took back my Vita and got THREE new ones and this was the least offensive.

Ever use remote play? Look at how the OLED crushes blacks to death. Play a really dark PS1 title. It's all crushed. The way the oled works it can't display dark information correctly so it goes to absolute black.

Now the LCD isn't perfect either but it's wayyy better than the oled could ever wish. Saturated inaccurate vivid as hell colors that are just bad. The colors "popping" just mean the screen isn't working right.

If anyone actually cares I can do pics. It depends if we can have an educational conversation or people just wanna tell me I'm wrong and oled is superior lol.

Galick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone actually cares I can do pics. It depends if we can have an educational conversation or people just wanna tell me I'm wrong and oled is superior lol.
I am very much interested in seeing pictures as you also make some interesting points.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oled is garbage. I took back my Vita and got THREE new ones and this was the least offensive.

Ever use remote play? Look at how the OLED crushes blacks to death. Play a really dark PS1 title. It's all crushed. The way the oled works it can't display dark information correctly so it goes to absolute black.

Now the LCD isn't perfect either but it's wayyy better than the oled could ever wish. Saturated inaccurate vivid as hell colors that are just bad. The colors "popping" just mean the screen isn't working right.

Here's the darkest title I have, playing on my OLED Vita, and please bear in mind I took this picture with my ageing iPhone 4. Game is WipeOut 2048.

IMG_1035_zpsikwfow8b.jpg

It doesn't appear oversaturated to me, lines are crisp, contrast is sharp and colours are vibrant without being "oversaturated", look how nice the textures and shadows on the pavement are. The fuzziness around the ship is because of the heat haze effect from the engines. If you have this gme, please post a comparitive picture on the 2000 screen.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused... At the time this thread was made you could already spoof with HENkaku to report you have 3.61 on a 3.60 Vita or PSTV for the purposes of PSN functionality. Why would you update your two existing to 3.61 and buy two more?

The only thing you CAN'T do with a spoofed 3.60 vita/PSTV is play a new game that requires 3.61 FW. Was that what you were worried about?

Michael_92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I haven't forgot. I have just been busy. I will NOT be using Vita titles to prove my point. Most Vita titles are made to deal with the issues the OLED has except black crush.

I will be using PSP and PS1 games to show you the differences. Those games are made to work on a more calibrated screen and when sent to the OLED that is where we can see the issues with this particular screen.

The reason I bring this up is I am using the LCD Vita to play tons of old games. The OLED can't work right. Especially on things like Resident Evil on PS1. It is a mess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.