Hacking Ps Vita on 3.55 how to.....

boomstick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just turned Vita on after a few months and noticed 3.60 update, I have not updated yet and would
Like to know if I can get the PsP emulator installed while on 3.55.
Virgin machine no previous hacks installed and no PS3 anymore.
Thanks.

Last edited by boomstick,

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was thinking about the Miyama Imar Chronicles exploit. I got a EU PSN account tied to my Vita. If I change PSN account to a US one, download Miyama and exploit, is it possible to change back to the EU account and keep the exploit? From what I know you need to reset the Vita and if you do that the exploit will dissappear, right?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about the Miyama Imar Chronicles exploit. I got a EU PSN account tied to my Vita. If I change PSN account to a US one, download Miyama and exploit, is it possible to change back to the EU account and keep the exploit? From what I know you need to reset the Vita and if you do that the exploit will dissappear, right?

It would be very inconvenient. You cannot keep content from two different PSN accounts on a single memory card.

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It would be very inconvenient. You cannot keep content from two different PSN accounts on a single memory card.

So it's as I suspected, I need to keep my Vita on the US PSN account? Not a good solution for me then.

You need a PS3 on latest OFW in order to download and transfer the exploit game to your Vita.

That's not a problem. Got a latest OFW PS3 and a CFW PS3 as well. Used the OFW to transfer MGS:PO+ and use the VHBL exploit to my Vita.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's as I suspected, I need to keep my Vita on the US PSN account? Not a good solution for me then.

It should be possible to me to create a TN-V or ARK bubble QCMA backup for you, if you were to lend access to your primary PSN account to me. I've been creating a bunch of VHBL bubbles for people here this way lately and it should work in the same fashion.

Reactions: hirvimies

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just to make sure, if I have two Vitas, Vita 1 eCFW 3.36 and Vita 2 OFW 3.60 on the same PSN account, can I make a VHBL bubble for my 3.60 Vita using my eCFW Vita 1?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I was just thinking, if I unslave my memory card and attempt to login to my other account, would I not have to update my Vita because in order to login to a different account a connection to the PSN is required?

You can use a PS3 and VitaUpdateBlocker to activate a Vita with a particular PSN account and transfer content to it.

Reactions: WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can use a PS3 and VitaUpdateBlocker to activate a Vita with a particular PSN account and transfer content to it.
I have a CFW PS3, so activating a Vita is not possible (unless someone found a way to make it possible). But I have an idea, is something like this possible?

- Make a backup of my 3.36 Vita
- Format my 3.36 which allows me to login to my 3.60 account without updating
- Vita is now logged in to the desired PSN account but is not activated
- Create a VHBL bubble, backup it and transfer it to 3.60 Vita
- Restore 3.36 Vita with the backup I made earlier

Will the VHBL bubble I created on my not activated Vita even work? If I restore my 3.36 Vita with the backup, does it log out my Vita from my PSN account?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a CFW PS3, so activating a Vita is not possible (unless someone found a way to make it possible). But I have an idea, is something like this possible?

- Make a backup of my 3.36 Vita
- Format my 3.36 which allows me to login to my 3.60 account without updating
- Vita is now logged in to the desired PSN account but is not activated
- Create a VHBL bubble, backup it and transfer it to 3.60 Vita
- Restore 3.36 Vita with the backup I made earlier

Will the VHBL bubble I created on my not activated Vita even work? If I restore my 3.36 Vita with the backup, does it log out my Vita from my PSN account?

A CFW PS3 can connect to PSN if you take the correct precautions.

The method you described there is flawed. Once you format your 3.36 Vita there will be no content on it, and you must have a PSP game on your console to be able to create a VHBL bubble. The only way to get a PSP game on there without updating is to activate and copy using a PS3.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A CFW PS3 can connect to PSN if you take the correct precautions.

The method you described there is flawed. Once you format your 3.36 Vita there will be no content on it, and you must have a PSP game on your console to be able to create a VHBL bubble. The only way to get a PSP game on there without updating is to activate and copy using a PS3.
Yeah I noticed that I need a PSP game as a base. Damn, so basically I'm screwed. In order for a Vita to accept content from a PS3, it needs to see that the PS3 is on the latest firmware. But afaik a Vita can't detect a CFW, it always detects the OFW and will ask me to update my PS3. Trust me I tried this 2 years ago with my PSN enabled CFW PS3 and it worked for nobody.

I guess another option is to use the registry hack method.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I noticed that I need a PSP game as a base. Damn, so basically I'm screwed. In order for a Vita to accept content from a PS3, it needs to see that the PS3 is on the latest firmware. But afaik a Vita can't detect a CFW, it always detects the OFW and will asks me to update my PS3. Trust me I tried this 2 years ago with my PSN enabled CFW PS3 and it worked for nobody.

I guess another option is to use the registry hack method.

I'm using a PS3 with Rebug 4.80.1 REX to activate and transfer and it works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.