PS Vita CFW "Enso" Now Available

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by SonyUSA, Jul 29, 2017.

1. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it is uninstalled. I've managed to get my games back (I think), but I can't reinstall it for fear of a brick.

2. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    Eh, is version spoofing to access PSN available yet? I don't recall any update on that since it was last patched.

EDIT: Turns out I didn't have it spoofed to the latest fw. I had it spoofed to a lower firmware. PSN works now!

Last edited by Psi-hate, Jul 30, 2017
  3. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    alright, I think I've fixed the problems. doing a qcma transfer (not transferring over the app.db) got my games back. I made a backup of my games without the game contents a few months ago, so I got all my games back using only 200 or so MBs. I went ahead and overrode the enso error message (no issues so it may have been a glitch in system memory). I think I misunderstood what usbmc does. doesn't it allow the mounting of ux0 without unplugging and plugging back in the usb flash drive? I thought it mounted ux0 at boot. the flash drive no longer has to be unplugged to mount it. I figured this since reinstall taihen reset the config.txt (i.e. no longer linking to the usbmc.skprx). I think everything is the way it's supposed to be. it took me several hours of trial and error to figure all that out. when I uninstalled enso, it forced an update on me or I couldn't use the memory card. all default icons were blank when I cancelled it. updating fixed that. reinstalling the qcma img fixed the games, so I think I'm all done. I just need to get back @Berion 's theme which was lost in the transfer. lol

4. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    correction: updating/reinstalling the firmware didn't fix the issue of the memory card not being read. I had forgotten this, but I had to reformat the memory card after uninstalling enso. I don't know if that's a bug or not, but it was very frustrating getting everything back to the way it was with enso installed.

I hope all this information will help others who encounter the same problems. this was on a pstv with no memory card, so I had to do a lot of things to get everything back. btw, transferring over the app.db would cause a database is corrupt error after installing the 3.60 update through enso and after rebuilding the database. using qcma fixed that as I mentioned. I even took the app.db from an extracted qcma backup, and it said it was corrupted. I used a different backup this time. I made a backup with all of the games' content and one without. the one without the game content is what got all my games back.

5. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    chibiwings likes this.
  6. Thelonewolf88

Thelonewolf88 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2016
    United States
    godreborn likes this.
  7. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    thanks. it's successful now. now, everything, except my original theme, is installed and working perfectly.

8. Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2015
    United States
    would you know how to do this? Installing it as a system would be so great tbh.

9. XpertXP1

XpertXP1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    Anyone have a guide showing how to get SD2Vita working with a PSVita memory card as well? I have my PSVita memory card inserted that has all my installed games on it. I would like to use both at the same time. Is that possible? I have tried 5 different times to get this working and it just simply doesnt work. I go into Mshell and still only see my PSVITA Memory card and not my SD Card.

10. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    from what I understand, you have two drivers. one mounts the sd card as uma; the other mounts it as ux0. u have to pick one or the other, and I think the memory card becomes the one u don't choose. afaik, there's no way to do what you're asking since only one drive can be seen as a single partition.

11. XpertXP1

XpertXP1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    ok good info, but I also thought there was 2 different gamesd.sprk files floating around that did both????

i have no idea...

12. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    no idea. I think the way it would be setup would be very complicated. you'd have duplicates of several folders which could get confusing.

13. Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

Apr 9, 2015
    United States
    figured it out. used application storage manager to move it over. if anyone wants to do this in case they're waiting on SD2VITA in the mail it let's you move over homebrew apps to your system storage in one easy click.

14. XpertXP1

XpertXP1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    I also just removed my PSVita memory card and now do not see Molecular Shell. I still have Enso installed tho according to Settings. When I go to content manager on the unit it shows 0GB, but the orange light on top does blink time to time.....any ideas

15. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I backed up my entire memory card using usb and vita shell. it's on my micro sd, so I'm just waiting on the sd2vita adapter. ^^that's weird. when you mount usb as ux0, content manager shows full space. you're probably encountering a bug of some sort.

16. XpertXP1

XpertXP1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    I was able to get MShell installed to internal storage. But still not seeing the SD2VITA. Im noticing that the config file in ur0 has *KERNEL starting at 0004 and then at 0005 is the line I inputed referencing gamesd.skprx

Then at line 0011 it has *main and everything else listed line by line. Could that be an issue?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So i just fixed that by installed a fresh config.text......still doesnt see the SD2Vita or the SD card inserted, and yes i formatted it for exfat

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You guys thing its a faulty SD2Vita?

17. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    are you using enso? it should load at boot. what does your config.txt look like?

18. SonyUSA
    OP

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    SonyUSA is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    You didn't follow the directions at all. With Enso, you should NEVER have a config.txt in ux0: on ANY of your removable devices. With Enso, you should ONLY have config.txt in ur0:tai/

Having it in ux0 (or anywhere but ur0:tai/ ) causes the issue you are talking about.

MUDD_BR and Robert McCoy like this.
  19. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

GBAtemp Patron
    Haider Raza is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 30, 2016
    Pakistan
    Just got my sd2vita adapter. Now how do I use that & install this?

20. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Haider Raza likes this.