[Protip] Delete Home launcher save data [9.0+?] [CFW OK]

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Ryccardo, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Ryccardo
    OP

Member Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Italy
    Over a year after removing the update nag (an original discovery of mine which however was based on a then-obscure key combo), here comes another one, but this time I'm just a messenger as it's documented on TCRF :)

Holding ↓+B+L+R while Home first loads (so, on boot for sysnand, at your CFW's splash screen for emunand) will ask you if you want to recreate the app management information.

Despite the question, this is unrelated to recreating title.db and import.db (which would uninstall every cia), but rather repeats the "Opening the home menu" you sometimes see after some upgrades since 9.0.

The practical effect is that the position of all icons are reset to the defaults (regular nand apps in official order, other nand apps, sd apps) and the zoom level is back to 1 line.

Pretty meh but useful for people like me who install and remove tons of cias and have ugly empty spaces...

2. cearp

Member cearp the ticket master

Tuvalu
    interesting :)

3. Seriel

Member Seriel GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Yeah this is a cool one.
    Sometimes you just can't be asked taking everything out of folders to reorganize it, so I run this and put them back into folders again.

Ryccardo likes this.
  4. MAXLEMPIRA

Member MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Mexico
    Can't understand at 100%, so, this is to clean ticket.db from fake tickets? Or just help to organize you HomeMenu?

5. artur3004

Member artur3004 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Thats strange - I tried this to delete those black, empty nameless icons, but they are still there after the homemenu data recreation.
    Even more interestig id the fact that it onlyappears if use rxtoolsemunand, on gw3ds or cakesfw they doesn'tshow up at all

6. cearp

Tuvalu
    this also resets the folder count, so when you create a folder it will be named '1' again :) nice for some people!

Ryccardo, Seriel and MAXLEMPIRA like this.
  7. Xenon Hacks

Member Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Because Gateway and Cakes have proper region spoofing those black squares are out of region system titles or belong to the N3DS/O3DS and do not belong on the homemenu.

8. Noriken

Newcomer Noriken Newbie

United States
    Any idea why this would work for EmuNAND but not SysnNAND for me?

Works perfectly fine on EmuNAND but whenever I try it on SysNAND it doesn't do anything.

9. cearp

Tuvalu
    possibly it was not present in every firmware, maybe it was only added recently... maybe