Hacking [Proof-Of-Concept] N3dES

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thing is so slow though i cant even tell if even does anything ,and the thing that pisses me off about it is that there is no start button,so how can we get passed the title screen when you have to press start but there is no start button? should have rather left out select rather that start,but really shouldnt leave out either
is there some other button that is supposed to the start button?

Button A = both Start and A in JSNES coding and configuration so I just put the A button because I wanted to save space, because there's not much left =p But a lot of others can and have seen it do stuff, granted slowly due to browser's current limits. Those are limits far away from its max though.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks i wasnt sure if it was the pause /resume button. but is that button really needed? i mean i has reset, why not get rid of the pause and put in a start button instead?
would make more sense for games in the future,maybe ina future release? but hopefully by then we have better browser updates and button input ,if thats even possible

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks i wasnt sure if it was the pause /resume button. but is that button really needed? i mean i has reset, why not get rid of the pause and put in a start button instead?
would make more sense for games in the future,maybe ina future release? but hopefully by then we have better browser updates and button input ,if thats even possible

Start = A

So putting a start button would be equal to adding a copy of the A button =p It would really just be there for looks but A and Start are the same code-wise, at least in the emu. (0x13; not talking about multiplication)
I don't plan on physical button support, at least not now. The issue is the physical buttons are linked with 3DS web browser functions (scroll page, open menu, etc) which I can't just say "don't do those functions". I may reorganize the bottom screen to look more like the NES controller to make things better though if I get some open time.

I am looking into some new things which may be incorporated soon.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it could have a toggle switch for button support of have it go to full screen and have button support, then when you touch say an x on the bottom screen and it goes to non full screen the buttons would go back to operating the browser

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well it could have a toggle switch for button support of have it go to full screen and have button support, then when you touch say an x on the bottom screen and it goes to non full screen the buttons would go back to operating the browser
You don't understand: The buttons control the browser. You can't change that. It's not that he is unwilling to do so, it's that it's possible.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps a DDOS =p Nintendo didn't block it, or I don't they did, because that would likely be part of an update which would disable going to websites using n3des.bytehost6.....etc. Also it seems computers have a hard time connecting aswell. But constantly refreshing will not help the situation in any case. But anyways this is fair game between Nintendo and me, since I used no hacking and exactly the capabilities of what they gave everyone.

As long as some people are still interested : I have been working, unsuccessfully at that, at getting a screenshot saved from the web page to the SD =p it seems that they limited canvas just barely enough to make this not possible atm It's not that I can't save to the SD, that's possible, but converting a canvas to an image (PNG/JPEG/BMP) is not supported or every method I've tried doesn't work.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Perhaps a DDOS =p Nintendo didn't block it, or I don't they did, because that would likely be part of an update which would disable going to websites using n3des.bytehost6.....etc. Also it seems computers have a hard time connecting aswell. But constantly refreshing will not help the situation in any case. But anyways this is fair game between Nintendo and me, since I used no hacking and exactly the capabilities of what they gave everyone.
Nintendo wouldn't block you, that'd be against the law. It's not a DDoS either, because your webhost would simply null route everything and block your account. You can blame your webhost for having such terrible peering / connectivity. I recommend moving it elsewhere, such as bplaced.net, 110mb.com, 000webhost or some other similar good free host.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, I haven't been able to try it because I can't choose a game or anything (Stuck at the Zoom Screen), but it looks good so far. Takes a while to load though. :/

steve1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its completely unplayable, nice concept but the processing power just isnt there. One would need to code a browser from the ground up and be able to use the the 3ds's cpu to crunch numbers. This wont happen until someone hacks it.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its completely unplayable, nice concept but the processing power just isnt there. One would need to code a browser from the ground up and be able to use the the 3ds's cpu to crunch numbers. This wont happen until someone hacks it.

I didn't say it worked/played well =p but I show it is not "impossible" to at least run NES in 3DS browser. In fact I state many times it runs very slowly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am thinking of moving servers (suggest by Antoligy) so I'll update if/when that happens with new website name. I just have to find which one has better ToS and bandwidth/etc for this. I don't think website-side cpu is a problem because this doesn't even use 1% cpu of the previous hosts.

p.s. this showing up in so many places o_0 I didn't think it would go out of this thread at the speed it runs at.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think website-side cpu is a problem because this doesn't even use 1% cpu of the previous hosts.
You know that JS is a client-side language, don't you?
Of course, but other posts were talking about cpu usage on hosts may be problematic but it won't be which is what we both said...

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
This thread is so touchy. I am just happy someone had an idea like this. I am not even hoping it goes anywhere. Just that it was done is cool enough for the 3DS scene, which at this time has gone no where really except crown3ds. They haven't even claimed to be able to get homebrew working yet. So bravo!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I...