Project Ukulele: Spiritual Successor To RareWare Games Being Developed

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a multiplatform title. But I'll be getting the Wiiu version for sure :)

I second that.. But I did buy an Xbox One just in case it didn't make it to the Nintendo console. But I am for one :) to see some good fun similar games like Banjo, Conker, Perfect Dark, coming out.

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So many great things they should be able to accomplish. I'm certain a crowdfunding campaign would raise them shitloads of money.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. Rare was awesome before Microshit Games derped them up hard. Microsoft has done way too much yo-yoing in quality over the years.

If Rare was ever awesome, it was when they were only making Nintendo published titles . If you add up the entirety of their history, including all the stuff they developed back before that time, even if you ignore MS era, they were actually a pretty mediocre at best group. For every DKC or Banjo Kazooie, there's a WWF Wrestlemania or Nightmare on Elm Street in their past.I'm guessing most of their supposed brilliance was because during the time they were putting out the good stuff, they had the big N looking over their shoulders, breathing down their necks.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well there goes that hype it will be a 2d scroller by the looks of it...
if it's on pc it will be on steam and those are the kind of games that go on it

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do I feel like this is going to essentially look and play like Rayman Origins/Legends? Not that it's a bad thing, but it isn't quite what I was hoping for. I guess with this being a fledgling studio, expecting a 3D adventure out of the gate may have been expecting a bit much.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do I feel like this is going to essentially look and play like Rayman Origins/Legends? Not that it's a bad thing, but it isn't quite what I was hoping for. I guess with this being a fledgling studio, expecting a 3D adventure out of the gate may have been expecting a bit much.

You could expect it to be a 3d adventure still.. ...that BG there is just a concept art. The 2 lizard like characters from the scans are not the main characters also..

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did these guys have anything to do with the newer Donkey Kongs? If so, will they no longer be helping with those titles??

I am super psyched to see what comes of this :yay:

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
they usually don't make them 3d adventure games for the pc it'll be a raymond clone. hype OVER

"We consider it a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie. We want to make a game where you control a fun character, learn new skills, add some new twists to the genre, and also listen to Grant's tunes!"

"...we've all been sat on a lot of those ideas since Banjo-Tooie came out."

"It should be fun to just run around. If you can nail that, then you're on the right path."

That doesn't sound like a sidescroller to me. And why should Steam be 2D only? Just look at "A Hat in Time"!

btw, they are considering porting it for the Wii U if there is enough interest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended