chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
17c026b9453ac2acd8fc01dcc0f7a1e9.jpg
It looks like everyone got tired and afraid of the possible future of any kind of adventure game from now Xbox owned Rare. So the original developers decided to take matters into their own hands.​

Former core members of Rare have announced they are working on a new game. The team's new studio, Playtonic Games, plans to reveal details of its upcoming game "Project Ukulele" later this week.
Playtonic is aiming to turn its new project into a "worthy spiritual successor" to games team members helped build in the past, games like Donkey Kong,Banjo-Kazooie, and Viva Pinata.

The Playtonic team includes the programmer of Donkey Kong Country, the character designer behind both Banjo and Kazooie, and the artist "who made your console fit to burst with lavish environments" across several Rare games over the course of a decade.

:arrow: Official Site

KICKSTARTER: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some lizard thing, and something else behind him. At first I thought the creature in the back had a beak, but after I brightened the image, I saw it was the character in the fronts ear.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The new Donkey Kong games are okay, but meh, they lack the oomph old Rare used to give them. Hopefully these guys "get it".

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to be hyped, but does anyone remember the last time "former key members" of a company (naughty dog) came together to make a game? We got Sonic Boom. Then again, this IS Rare we're talking about.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some lizard thing, and something else behind him. At first I thought the creature in the back had a beak, but after I brightened the image, I saw it was the character in the fronts ear.

Gave it a go myself and it's definitely a lizard of some kind. The second character is probably a bird, more than likely a parrot or macaw to fit with the tropical theme.

ibiUReOPhtQaF8.gif

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I want to be hyped, but does anyone remember the last time "former key members" of a company (naughty dog) came together to make a game? We got Sonic Boom. Then again, this IS Rare we're talking about.
Indeed. Rare was awesome before Microshit Games derped them up hard. Microsoft has done way too much yo-yoing in quality over the years.

Reactions: Margen67

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
WE WANT CONKER BAD FUR DAY / DINNOSAUR PLANET SEQUELS .

You will be greeted from all the fans around the world that saw masterpieces back in the SNES / N64 era

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. Rare was awesome before Microshit Games derped them up hard. Microsoft has done way too much yo-yoing in quality over the years.
That's the original rare though.

I have 900% more faith knowing the guys that left DUE to Microsoft being asshats, are creating the game.

I also hope they partner back up with Nintendo to do it, then maybe it can pave the way for them creating content for Nintendo again.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gave it a go myself and it's definitely a lizard of some kind. The second character is probably a bird, more than likely a parrot or macaw to fit with the tropical theme.

ibiUReOPhtQaF8.gif
Informative picture, thanks for making this. Makes it easier to show to my friends.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I remembering wrong, or did A Hat in Time stop updating?

If so, at least Banjo fans are getting their spiritual successor one way or the other.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh I would kill to get a new GOOD Banjo game... The Banjo (instrument) was pretty aparent in the Banjo games, what games had Ukulele music?
Then again, a SPIRITUAL successor often takes most elements of an old game and throws new characters, new environments etc. Maybe Ukulele is the lizard cousin of Banjo? :D hypehypehypehypehype :wub:
*starts praying to cthulhu* please be a Wii U title.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the official page updated on 2nd of this month. No mention of it stopping, as far as I can see.

Well that's good. I could've sworn there was some shenanigans or drama, but I might just be thinking of another game.

When it comes to Kickstarted titles, Lord knows there's plenty of that to go around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Here we go +2