[Project] The Great Ace Attorney (Dai Gyakuten Saiban) Fan Translation

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by xz11, May 22, 2016.

1. Seliph

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    I'm not sure but the process is incredibly straightforward so I don't think you need a video guide. That being said, I'm not even sure if this patch will follow conventional Luma patching either because the devs are trying to make harder for the patch to be used on pirated copies of the game. If I were you, I'd just wait until the first chapter is released and then I'd assume they'll include the steps to patch your game along with that.

2. darklord1013

darklord1013 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    Ok thanks. But I'm still wondering when the issues with episode 1 will be fixed. Who knows, if we are lucky, Episode 1 could be released any day now...

Seliph likes this.
  3. TurnaboutLover

TurnaboutLover Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    One can only hope.
    I don't really mind how long something takes so long as I know for sure that it's happening.

Last edited by TurnaboutLover, Apr 27, 2017
    lylandackey and darklord1013 like this.
  4. darklord1013

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    True but at least we're lucky enough to have people generous to devote time to translating for the fans.

lylandackey likes this.
  5. mike4001

mike4001 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2016
    Australia
    I kind of hope they are already finished with episode 1 or even 2, ... and only have to solve some technical things and are then ready to go :D

darklord1013 likes this.
  6. TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    Uwabami said this a while ago:

7. darklord1013

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    Yeah but the tech issues haven't been fixed yet. It would be awesome if their was a surprise sometime soon...

8. TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    I just keep watching the demo on Youtube in the mean time.

9. Uwabami

Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    I'm sorry, the thread turned into a shitfest again and the mods are too busy pandering to teenagers with edgy political opionions or discuss the latest scene scandal to care about moderating this thread. Or they condone abusive language and piracy advice by the ilk of @Sinon or @Manurocker95 - I don't care anymore.

Ask your questions on Discord if you have any. Links are in the OP.

10. darklord1013

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    I see.

11. TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    Amusingly enough my friend thought they were doing this because they want to play the game themselves until I argued that if you're going to translate something you probably need to understand what's being said in the original language.
    Although I'm probably wrong about that in some way.

Last edited by TurnaboutLover, Apr 29, 2017
  12. Uwabami

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    Well, half-half. Obviously, our translators understand Japanese and can play the game. Our editors, proofreaders and graphics people don't. I can't imagine translating a game without people who understand the source language - how would that work?

13. darklord1013

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    So will you still reply now and then @Uwabami? And how are the tech issues?

14. linkenski

linkenski GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2008
    Denmark
    Lol I've been away for too long. That's right, you weren't actually doing that xP
    Anyway, how is it going?

15. Steve_Doido

Steve_Doido GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil

darklord1013 likes this.
  16. darklord1013

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    Steve_Doido likes this.
  17. KyojiFoxfire

KyojiFoxfire Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2017
    United States
    Man, so many people just mad that a group is going out of their way to do something nice. They don't have to do it, so throwing negativity around is making them less likely to continue doing it! Just stahp. :|

darklord1013 and Techman98 like this.
  18. darklord1013

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    I agree and welcome to the thread! :)

Techman98 likes this.
  19. Uwabami

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    I will from time to time, but sometimes I feel like this when I look a the thread:
    [​IMG]
    There are better places to fight about the same things over and over again - go through the thread: it's always the same things people fight/complain about.

You're a real trooper. Making accusations before checking things out :P

Oh, we're not going to stop - I'll just engage less on GBAtemp, since the mods are either way too busy or too laissez-faire for my taste.

I know people are anxious to finally get to play DGS and Episode 1 will hopefully release soon. This is a hobby and we do have work/school and a private life. Some people seem to think we owe them something or that we need to convince them to play it - we're not making a penny of this. And some ungrateful people have the chuzpah to promote piracy in our thread when we're going out of our way to try and get people to buy this game - and it really deserves to be bought and needs the sales. It's like they're spitting in our face while we ask them to do the right thing. We're not on a crusade against piracy in general, because that's a battle no one can win - we're asking you to support a francise that needs it.

Thankfully, it's only a tiny (albeit vocal) minority - most people are respectful and friendly. It just seems that this culture is promoted or at least tolerated at GBAtemp. Or they need more mods - but the result is the same.

20. 1x2x4x1

1x2x4x1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    Dayum
    Uwabami getting character development like an anime character

julialy and c80n like this.