ROM Hack [Project] Spice and Wolf DS Translation

BamItzMuffinz

taengirene
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice to see that the OP did come back after so long, but a little disappointed that the translation was dropped. Maybe someone with the needed skills/know-how can finish the project for the Spice and Wolf fans out there (myself included!)

Exelvania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx to suruz to provide the programm and the translated text. so i will get my hands on and try to gert things started but dont expect much, it will take some time since my japanese is in the beginnings :D

Exelvania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is nothing new, i still got all the data but my japanese is not near to a level were i can translate at the moment but it should be better n a year since i have japanese in the new schoolyear

Adamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Adamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure you are only allowed to view the first page and change the rest of the sheets. I tested it in the incognito mode without a problem.

I might be wrong, so please try out other sheets and add some kind of "translation". Thanks for the interest!

Last edited by Adamer,

Kuroiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Kuroiri,

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Translated some but not much. Best to have an English speaking native to check/edit those lines.

I'm busy with my current project but I'll try to spare some time for this.

Edit: So, I did up till 350. Will try to do 380 once I'm done with my other stuff.
I'm curious if you have improved the tool.

Last edited by AdanK85,
Reactions: Adamer and Kuroiri

Kuroiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Translated some but not much. Best to have an English speaking native to check/edit those lines.

I'm busy with my current project but I'll try to spare some time for this.
You are amazing! To take your time even if it is a small amount! I wish i could do something to help as well :/ sadly i have 0 knowledge of anything... :(

Thank you so much Adan

Adamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already uploaded a few files, I will upload the rest today and tomorrow. Thank you for your interest!

Adan, I missed your comments in the project itself, so I will respond to them here, if you don't mind. The "Chief" part was from the original translation. You are free to suggest other translation in the row next to it and I will use it. As for the format error, if you mean it being split as it is, it might be by design or the tool exported it wrong. I will investigate it when debugging the "final" translation. Thank you very much!

Last edited by Adamer,
Reactions: AdanK85 and Kuroiri

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Alright. I think I'm falling asleep. That's all from me for now.

It's hard to type in google sheet, so I will type it here.
Yes, I'm aware that for a VN sort of game, there's likely to have more stuff left to be translated. Did have a go at translating some files last year but I got demotivated easily back then, doing it alone. :X.

Last edited by AdanK85,
Reactions: Kuroiri and Adamer

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Been busy the last 2 days. I've to do some work on my current project (rechecking ~400 pages of lines) .

Will probably continue the translation on this one, few hours later.

Adamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not so great. I really wonder if they were limited by the engine or something or if it was just time constraints, because the script is a mess. Plenty of the text is repeated, some stuff that could have been easily just one string with a variable is a hard coded string million times over and over. Makes working with it real pain. Especially when some of the text is duplicated for some stupid reason. I feel like I wasted some of you time Adan, I'm really sorry. I just don't think I have the time to playtest and babysit every string so you don't end up translating something that is translated somewhere else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.