Project Scorpio specs revealed, 4K/60fps gameplay shown

stplwqj3f0vv8q8crasy.png

After hyping up their announcement via Eurogamer, Microsoft has finally shed light on just what their upcoming console will have under the hood. The picture above details what these specs are, as well as compares them with the PS4 Pro and Xbox One. It'll also be utilizing Microsoft's Direct 3D 12, and if you have a gaming PC, you'll know that DirectX12 usually allows for impressive performance boosts. Featuring 12 GBs of RAM, a 1TB HDD, and a 4K UHD Bluray player (which the PS4 Pro lacks), it seems that this console has blown expectations away. During the event, Forza was shown off, running at a stunning native 4K/60fps. Not only that, but since the Scorpio is backwards compatible, that means that currently existing Xbox One titles, as well as backwards compatible 360 titles will be getting in on the huge performance and visual boost. Eurogamer has a more specific article, linked below, if you want to really dig into what the console does.

:arrow: Source

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Glad for Microsoft, but can we just all agree that this is basically a true 1080p/60 FPS console? IDK if Sony and Microsoft feel bad a while ago when there were debates about their consoles being able to truly output 1080p/60 fps. I don't even honestly know why 4k is even a thing for consoles? I'm not expecting ultra settings, but we should all know where this is gonna revolve around...

Last edited by Social_Outlaw,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dammit Microsoft we don't need more power we need more games where are the games? Not only we need games we need more variety outside the runner shooter explorer rpg open world trends! I need Xbox to have a good Multiplayer Real Time Strategy game like this one I just got on my PS4

tmp_15306-IMG_20170407_093625224~21189302154.jpg

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
it's a BOTW machine...and BOTW is on the Wii U.

I know people use the cliche "I'm not buying this console for only one game" all the time but this time it's literally true.

I have 9 games on my Switch lol - Zelda only has 3rd most playtime for me. My son's Switch has even more games and Zelda is further down the list in playtime...

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one who still isn't interested in "Native 4K" and "1080p" are just not enough reasons to upgrade. Maybe a bit more attention to ACTUAL GAMES Microsoft *cough* Scalebound *cough* then we might talk. Not before and not till.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
4K is such a marketing tool.
Its great for watching pictures or some type of professional work and will be fine for movie whenever they are made for 4K and not upscaled . . .
But for gaming your FPS and motion clarity are way more important.
On PC, 1080P is the perfect gaming res for most ppl while 1440P is for those with the more expensive high end rigs.
Not gonna explain more in details but check things like the UFO test and more stuff on Blurbuster website if you aren't familiar with all of this yet.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4K is such a marketing tool.
Its great for watching pictures or some type of professional work and will be fine for movie whenever they are made for 4K and not upscaled . . .
But for gaming your FPS and motion clarity are way more important.
On PC, 1080P is the perfect gaming res for most ppl while 1440P is for those with the more expensive high end rigs.
Not gonna explain more in details but check things like the UFO test and more stuff on Blurbuster website if you aren't familiar with all of this yet.

It's the Blast Processing marketing spiel of today.

D

Dork

these console revisions are really disappointing, especially considering how unwarranted they are. unless you like playing multi-platform games, even the normal xbox one is underwhelming.

killer instinct, master chief collection, halo wars 2, and maybe halo 5 would be the only titles i would play. i miss the 6th generation.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to me the specs are a step up but not much. I suppose that this will be their first console that starts that every year upgrade they want to do like the surface tablet pc. They should also stop using low end amd cpus... But they are not because they are hoping to feed the gotta have 4k/best graphics people. Anyone that really wants 4k just needs a pc. I for sure wont be buying a new console every year or 2. I ain't feeding those trolls.
Can the Scorpio run a mmo with 10,000+ players all in one place? i think not. And it has to be a modern mmo, not WoW.

Shouldn't there be a small text issue when displaying a 720/1080p game on a 4k tv? Shit gonna be small.....

Last edited by Captain_N, , Reason: added stuff

Pomegrenade

photon readings negative
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
You know what Microsoft are like... by the time it comes out it will probably be a Surface with a couple of 'Dukes' strapped to the sides.
Yeah IKR, at leat we know good 'ol Nintendo wont go like,
"Hey lasting console fans, now use a tablet computer, with controllers strapped to it, YAY :yayone:"

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the console is going to be this powerful and run a base of Windows. Then why would I want to buy this, which isn't upgradable, and just go with my gaming PC. Which runs Windows most likely.

Convenience mainly. Although with Windows 10 and Steam, then that is starting to disappear. The advantage of consoles has been that they aren't up-gradable, so the games can be tuned for a fixed specification. Although that is starting to go out of the window.

Shouldn't there be a small text issue when displaying a 720/1080p game on a 4k tv? Shit gonna be small.....

It shouldn't be small, but depending on how they are upscaled then it may not look great.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.