Project Rap Rabbit Kickstarter Campaign Revealed

7xr1401d47e.jpg

As reported earlier, PaRappa the Rapper developer Masaya Matsuura and Gitaroo Man creator, Keiichi Yano will be collaborating to create a brand new rhythm game IP titled Project Rap Rabbit.

While little information was available then, now the cat's out of the bag and a KickStarter campaign has been revealed.

7xqx5s1d47e.jpg

Here's the plot for the game:
Project Rap Rabbit will see the rebirth of narrative-driven rhythm-action. Set in an alternative version of 16th Century Japan, the world is growing more hostile as the populace becomes increasingly concerned by the growing diversification of their lands.

It is amongst this backdrop of growing isolationism and protectionism that a young rabbit farmer, Toto-Maru, steps up to unify his home. Using the power of Rap to draw strength from music, he finds he's able to influence the world's ruling powers through rhythm and rhyme.

Only by facing off against the world's rulers in epic rap battles is he able to counter corruption and bring peace to this divided land.

Combining their vast experience in the genre, Matsuura-san and Yano-san are looking to push the boundaries of the genre in a new direction. While modern rhythm-action frequently asks players to strive for linear perfection, Project Rap Rabbit will allow gamers to alter the flow of their rap battle in real time, changing the lyrics and emotional direction on the fly, as they look to best their opponents in dynamic one-on-one encounters.

With 35 days to go, the KS campaign has set a goal of £855,000. The game is slated for a PS4 and PC release, with an estimated delivery date for August 2018. £30 will get you a digital copy on a format of your choice and £35 will get you a physical copy.

Check out the KS campaign for more details on the story and the Rapping System!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Kickstarter Campaign

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
£35 + P&P. Just not worth it for a kickstarter.

Looks like might be fun but clearly they are targetting the cutsey market.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
£855,000 goal....God damn.....

God i hate rhythm games tho.. who thought this was a good idea should rap to the death with eminem...

here is a start for them.

im rapping rapping rap rap rapping...

Last edited by Flame,

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
£855,000 goal....God damn.....
Not unheard of as example PoE 2: Deadfire made $4.4 million out of projected $1.1 million. But I'm a bit skeptical about rhythm games on regards of broader appeal. Hopefully they make it work out as this could be a nice game to waste time on a console.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Not unheard of as example PoE 2: Deadfire made $4.4 million out of projected $1.1 million. But I'm a bit skeptical about rhythm games on regards of broader appeal. Hopefully they make it work out as this could be a nice game to waste time on a console.

castlevania... Yes please
shenmue 3... Yes please

a rhythm game with a £855,000 goal... for a niche market... ouch.

i hope it does reach its goal. but idk, if people get what they want.

Last edited by Flame,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Disappointed Sony isn't officially supporting them and instead they have to use Kickstarter. :(

I'm guessing the dev team of MotorStorm will crank up something similar in the future.

D

Deleted User

I mean I like the people behind it a lot, and I'm hopeful for anything they produce. I just really don't want to waste money on a crowd funded project. More power to them though.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Those stretch goals, holy fuck.
Over a million to fund the game but one extra level that's backer exclusive is another $700,000?
Almost 3 million to get something as basic as multiplayer and $500,000 past that to get something as basic as a difficulty selection?

No gameplay either, only concept art. We all know how Mighty Number 9 looked compared to the concept art.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something tells me this is gonna go the wayside of that apocalypse now game Kickstarter. Except the Apocalypse now game actually sounded interesting.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Those stretch goals, holy fuck.
Over a million to fund the game but one extra level that's backer exclusive is another $700,000?
Almost 3 million to get something as basic as multiplayer and $500,000 past that to get something as basic as a difficulty selection?

No gameplay either, only concept art. We all know how Mighty Number 9 looked compared to the concept art.
I think you're misreading it. There will be three difficulty levels in the base game, that stretch goal will add a fourth to it.

Honestly, it looks interesting to me and I'd consider backing it if kickstarter supported a payment method I could actually use. I hope they make it, but I don't really expect them to actually reach the goal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.