Hacking What is the progress on WiiU hacking? (Not vWii!)

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just go directly to why i want wiiU hacked. Play handheld nintendo games on big screen. As of now all PSP games can be played on hacked/modded PS3 . I want my a WiiU to become the future of hyperspin/frontend emulator , as its powerful to fufill this dream .

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, these threads still get made? I'd give it up personally. Enjoy legit games. Wii U is dead to the majority.

Au contraire, I enjoy legit games as much as the next guy, I just want emulators that can actually run N64 games at full speed since Nintendo's too damned lazy to do that for the VC.

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, how about ripping game files? Not just raw dumps, but the filesystem of the game.
So we can do all sorts of cool things like proper 1:1 music rips and model rips.
Also, the ability to look for unused stuff.

Full-on modding requires unsigned code capability though.

Nobody has mentioned that before, somehow. Apparently piracy is more important.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, how about ripping game files? Not just raw dumps, but the filesystem of the game.
So we can do all sorts of cool things like proper 1:1 music rips and model rips.
Also, the ability to look for unused stuff.

Full-on modding requires unsigned code capability though.

Nobody has mentioned that before, somehow. Apparently piracy is more important.

Piracy more important? The current generation of hackers has been conditioned to treat anything that possibly might be even slightly conveiced to be conducive to enabling piracy as a very hot potato. For instance I'd love to lock team f0f members in a room full of VCRs, "high speed dubbing" double cassette tape decks (with convenient C74-minute cassette tapes), etc. To them, this room full of piracy-enabling equipment must seem like a room of horrors!

But seriously, no one is releasing nothing. Out of fear. Are they really "afraid of piracy" or are they afraid of a Hunter-Killer Pack of Corporate Lawyers coming after them like geohot? Who knows.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, these threads still get made? I'd give it up personally. Enjoy legit games. Wii U is dead to the majority.

I was saying the same kind of stuff about the 3DS only a year ago (not that it was dead to the majority), it was never gonna happen, give up, enjoy legit games, etc. etc. And yet.... now here we are. So I would say never say never.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot understand how any console could be understood as "not interesting as a homebrew platform". Almost every console since the PS1 has been hacked! So are you saying that the WiiU would be the first non-hacked console since the N64 or so? I can't believe that!

The N64 has been hacked.. The hell do you think the RGB mod is among other various modifications? Not to mention, if you really wanted to, there's ways to run downloaded ROMs on official hardware IE: 64drive, Everdrive 64

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I would settle for someone to get Rare's N64 roms injected into a VC container, and bootable, but I read that Rare's games use some proprietary boot code and that halts the roms from initializing in the VC injected roms. :/ All I wanted out of my Wii was Goldeneye 007... That's all I wanted... (The classic N64 game, not the Daniel Craig remake)

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Can't really Judge the Wii U till all the system sellers have been released. We all know there will be a massive increase in sales once MK8 & Smash Bros U hits and then of course Zelda. And honestly, who cares if one team think the wii u isn't interesting, just leaves room for new guys to take the throne.

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't really Judge the Wii U till all the system sellers have been released. We all know there will be a massive increase in sales once MK8 & Smash Bros U hits and then of course Zelda. And honestly, who cares if one team think the wii u isn't interesting, just leaves room for new guys to take the throne.

And with more sales, comes more people, and more interest in homebrew.

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This discussion if its possible and justifiable to hack Wii U concerns the question if Wii U belongs to the *next-gen* or *current-gen* of game consoles. As of now all 'current-gen' consoles as Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and handhelds as Nintendo 3DS and PSP has been softmodded. What hasn't been softmodded are next-gen systems as Xbox1, Playstation Vita and Playstation 4. Will people ever be able to softmod an Playstation 4 with its cloud storage and better security? Who knows...

The potential of hacking a WiiU is its groundbreaking compatibility with other systems. It would become the new Hyperspin, an frontend for all other/older game systems to play on. As of now, Playstation 3 (softmodded) supports all predessor Sony games apart from Vita. Nintendo Wii (softmodded) supports all older Nintendo games apart from Nintendo DS and 3DS (to little power). Both consoles (softmodded) also supports other old game system like Sega MegaDrive and more. I had before Hyperspin with about 100+ game systems . I hope the same functionality and compatibiliy could become true with a softmodded Wii U.

That's why Im interested in Wii U.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I check on this thread from time to time
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=70483
That is probably as close as you are going to get for now, for checking progress wise.
The Nintendon't thread is alive and well, I haven't been keeping up to date with it though.

I think homebrew would be most amazing on the Wii U because of the gamepad. It opens up a lot more possibilities. Also the Wii U supports 5 controllers (1 gamepad, 4 controllers). It makes me wonder if the new mario kart and smash bros will be 5 players locally?
The Wii scene was amazing but it was the first console I ever did homebrew on. The Mario Kart and Smash Bros mods are amazing, hope to see the same on the Wii U.

JerJer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never gonna happen because they cannot crack the WiiU. Even though they say they have no interest its really they can't break it and they know it. That's better anyway so now Mario Kart 8 players will have to win from thier skill and not their cheats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night