Gaming Producer of Splatoon - "Voice Chat Isn't Needed to Communicate Strategy"

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nintendo has already created an application called Wii U chat, in which all you need to do is easily swap nintendo network ids. And that's not just voice chat, it's also video chat.
Like who the hell actually uses that thing? I'd like to but I don't know anyone personally and keep getting requests from kids in Miiverse.. so there's somewhat of a market for it though just not very ideal or suitable.

Nintendo includes a camera and a mic on this fake GamePad yet Skype isn't supported of all things for video chats.

Reactions: Margen67

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That's because Skype is Microsoft.. And unless MS permits it, skype isn't going to work on Wii U, even though it could.
Again, that reasoning is illogical. Skype is on non-MS devices such as Sony PlayStation Vita so it could very well be on the Wii U but it isn't.

God.. Nintendo fanboys sure are gullible and stubborn.

Reactions: Margen67 and Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's because Skype is Microsoft.. And unless MS permits it, skype isn't going to work on Wii U, even though it could.
Is that why my PSVita has a Skype app? Microsoft is comitted to cross-platform support, the more platforms they cover the better for them. The reason why it's not on the Wii U is the fact that Nintendo would rather die than support someone else's technology, that's why they use "proprietary discs" even though we all know they're miniDVD's, DVD's and BluRays. If there's any license involved, Nintendo will have you choke on their proprietary nuts rather than meet you half-way.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to derail this thread, but what? I've never thought of Disney as particularly secular.
A bit off topic but yes I have talked to some particularly religious people that love to rail against Disney. I don't see it but they apparently do. A lot of those Air Force families we lived around came out of the Academy in Colorado Springs just hated Disney for being anti-religion supposedly. I had a rather rogue professor for a operating systems class I took about 13 years ago who spent the better part of a lecture railing Disney for their aledgedly "secular imagery" they put on during a Super Bowl half time show. I didn't understand it.

Wait what??? "Sure I could turn it off but the reality is if I did so the boys would be angry and resentful."

Is this a Joke
No joke. If a parent disables a function like that but all the kids friends can use it it, that causes problems. "Tough shit" problems but just one more point of conflict. My oldest was teased in third grade by all those Air Force brats because he didn't have all those rated M FPS like they had. He felt very isolated from a lot of those kids. I think we handled it well but that fact pushed him the the margins of the social circles unfortunately.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is that why my PSVita has a Skype app? Microsoft is comitted to cross-platform support, the more platforms they cover the better for them. The reason why it's not on the Wii U is the fact that Nintendo would rather die than support someone else's technology, that's why they use "proprietary discs" even though we all know they're miniDVD's, DVD's and BluRays. If there's any license involved, Nintendo will have you choke on their proprietary nuts rather than meet you half-way.
It's why the Vita Skype app is near dead and doesn't support anything other than simple calls.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to derail either, but exactly what about Disney makes you think they're religious?
What? They don't have any religious message. They don't have any anti-religious message. They have nothing to do with religion. That's why I was confused.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dunno, I can view Skype IMs on my Android phone. The Vita Skype app doesn't allow me to as far as I could tell when I downloaded it.
That is something it's lacking, however Skype is primarily a voice chat application. I would very much like the Vita version to feature IM's, but you're acting like it's heavily castrated when in fact it features Skype calls, phone calls and video calls functionality, it's only missing IM's in comparison to the Android port or the PC version.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That is something it's lacking, however Skype is primarily a voice chat application. I would very much like the Vita version to feature IM's, but you're acting like it's heavily castrated when in fact it features Skype calls, phone calls and video calls functionality, it's only missing IM's in comparison to the Android port or the PC version.
Oh, idk. IMs is literally 99% of the reason I even use Skype, so as soon as I noticed the Vita version didn't support them at all, I deleted it.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, idk. IMs is literally 99% of the reason I even use Skype, so as soon as I noticed the Vita version didn't support them at all, I deleted it.

But the point of Skype is to make video calls. I'd only ever use it to make video calls. Facebook messenger and SMS killed IM.

What? They don't have any religious message. They don't have any anti-religious message. They have nothing to do with religion. That's why I was confused.

But umm, that's exactly what secular means. What did you think secular meant? Strongly religious people take offense to things not being religious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr