Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey
QUOTE said:
To check DMA/PIO mode within Windows:

Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

From there, right click on one of the channels and choose 'Properties>Advanced Settings'. All drives should be DMA mode. The 'Current Transfer Mode' for Hard drives is usually DMA 4-6 and DVD burners DMA 2-4, DVD ROMs usually DMA 2. If you see any in PIO mode, that can slow things down.

Changing them back may be easy or complicated. First see if you can change them in that window. If not, I usually uninstall the channel the drive is on and let the OS reinstall it. This will usually take a reboot. This will not damage any files on the computer.

From there, if no luck, get back to us.

I grabbed this from another forum. It happened to me once before, too. I had to uninstall my channel to get mine to work again but let's hope you get the easy mode :-)

EDIT:

I guess this applies for Windows XP... which I can only assume you might be using! Good luck!

dark_angel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the exact same thing happened to me as well. i tried burning super mario galaxy and trauma center new blood with my LG burner and it burnt everything until the very end. Now i cant watch the ending scenes of both until i burn a proper copy of it.

Pikachu025

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've actually heard pretty good things about Lite-On burners. Mind giving me reviews or something that state they suck?

This one seems pretty nice for instance:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Lite-On-LH...ner-Mini-Review

...Although, I also found my burner which indeed seems to have quite a few problems. Eh. I think it's time to buy a new burner then.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country

Pikachu025

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Checked IMGBurn's I/O settings, it's set to use the Microsoft SPTI. So that's probably not it.

I really have no idea what the problem could be. I tried the drive in another PC yesterday; The "Test Mode" test worked fine and stayed at the 6x it should be (which it doesn't on my PC), the real burn afterwards gave me a bluescreen (with no text though) and the PC resetted about 5 to 10% in. >.<

I got another burner from a friend today. I get the exact same problems: Burning faster than it should, and random write errors that only show up when I verify. Dammit.

It's gotta be a problem with my PC somehow, but what?

Edit: Posts merged together. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Pikachu025

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I found the problem, I think! I attatched my burner to the primary IDE channel (as Slave, with my HDD being Master) and it works! It burns at the correct speed and verifies perfectly! ^^
Well, it's not perfect, cause the I got a buffer underrun one one of my two burns, and in the other one the burn finished with only 14% Buffer remaining (probably cause data transfer rate between devices on the same IDE channel is pretty slow compared to if they're on different IDEs), but it works! Now I only got to figure out what the problem with my secondary IDE is...

I'll try to get a different IDE cable, thanks for the tip.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I found the problem, I think! I attatched my burner to the primary IDE channel (as Slave, with my HDD being Master) and it works! It burns at the correct speed and verifies perfectly! ^^
Well, it's not perfect, cause the I got a buffer underrun one one of my two burns, and in the other one the burn finished with only 14% Buffer remaining (probably cause data transfer rate between devices on the same IDE channel is pretty slow compared to if they're on different IDEs), but it works! Now I only got to figure out what the problem with my secondary IDE is...

I'll try to get a different IDE cable, thanks for the tip.

No Problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night