• Total voters

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A table is not a thing that exists inside a ROM, it is a ROM hacking helper format rather than something you find in a ROM.

If the font is NFTR then tinke can add new characters and change some things, I think nftredit can also do some things here. If it is any other font format then probably not and most people would probably just overwrite an existing character if they can, however some of the other fonts we have seen have some scope to edit more easily. I don't recall what adventure time used -- I mainly only ripped some of the music from it.
I should have an example using tinke in http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2016-edition-out.73394/

Gow supremo

I am playing my 2ds
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'am tried with tabular and nothing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I try insert the characters: ñ Ñ á é í ó ú Á É Í Ó Ú but nothing.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tabular is just a table maker. It will not insert anything into the game or font or do anything like that. Tables are purely a hacker concept to aid hackers moving between programs/dealing with custom encodings and nothing that exists in the game.

To add them to the game most people would either hack the font/text decoding to respond to the characters you want there (the hard way, unless it is nftr in which case it is easier but still annoying) or would overwrite an existing character in the font and tell the game to call that instead*.

*general idea is if the font has say { and } in it then you are never going to need those in a normal game, overwrite those with say ñ and Ñ and that way when you call what the game originally used for { you will instead get ñ displayed. This is nicer when working in Japanese games where you have thousands of characters and thus can add all the accented characters you want without issue, however most modern European language using games will have enough pointless punctuation that you can make it work. Also if you are running short on space then you might not need all of those accented characters.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow mega really is an awful download service, I know I say that every time I interact with it but it is still true.

It is asking me for a key, though even if I had the game in front of me I am not sure I have the time to pull it apart right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1