Scuzzy5005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob alert!

I can run nes, nds, gb, gba, gbc, movies, music, pictures and home brewed programs on my m3 ds real just fine....it is the snes games I have trouble with.

I do have an emulator but it runs crappy, I looked at the list of games and found out which ones are compatibly but they still run like crap.....Someone I know says he can run snes roms fine except a few like mario rpg and such(even psp had problems with mario rpg). I think he has the G6DS real and I was wondering if I need to patch my roms, use a different card, a different emulator, or configuring the rom settings like framerates and crap like that.

I enjoy having games on my ds, but I feel empty without games like secret of mana/evermore, chrono trigger, kirby series, or anything snes related....
unsure.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would help if you gave us more info:
1. You say you're using "an emulator"; which one?
2. You say you looked at "the list"; which one?
3. What games listed as being compatible have you tried?

SNES emulation on the DS is not close to being perfect. You're going to have to accept some graphical oddities and compatibility issues. You're also going to have to learn to fiddle with the settings to increase playability.

Scuzzy5005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using SNEmulDS(I think that is what I tried), and I looked at a list that showed the problems with compatibility.

I dunno....I was just wondering if there are any patches for particular cards or games the make the games run better. For example I got chrono trigger to run fine after messing with the settings but I walked through walls and the text was messed. My friend said the only problem was scrunched text.

I'll try some other versions of emulators and I'll mess around with the settings a bit more, I did not put too much effort into it.

...and yes I know I will have to accept some graphic screw ups and some audio glitches but I was just wondering if I could enhance it anyways...

Scuzzy5005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah SNEmulDS 6.0a, I dunno, I guess I got most of it working already. I'll just wait for the geniuses to make updates.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure snemul.cfg is on the root of your card. This will improve Chrono Trigger's sound by quite a bit. v0.6a has this nasty bug where it deletes snemul.cfg if you save any game-specific settings, so try not to do that. v0.5 Beta doesn't have this issue. But yes, text is screwed up. If you tap the "fix" area, sometimes it will be restored.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would you bother putting on images on your flashcard?

Does that matter? Why would you bother saying something so pointless an absolutely worthless?

Topic starter:
Only advice I can give is to make sure the cfg file is in you root. Not your folders, your ROOT. That means drop it into the microsd directly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended