Hacking Problems with EmuNAND9Tool after downgrading

Temporalin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is not the correct subforum.

I have been helping some people to downgrade and instal CFW in their consoles, all of them O3DS, and I had no problems.

But now I'm stuck with a N3DS. Afaik, the steps are almost the same, so I don't know what to do now. The downgrade went fine (apparently) with SafeSysUpdater. We can enter System Settings and internet browser (somebody told me this are checks to see if the downgrade has been completely successful). The next step is to create the EmuNAND with EmuNAND9Tool, but, when we run it, it freezes with the bottom screen red. We tried downgrading again but it's the same.

What can we do? Thanks in advance

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Sorry if this is not the correct subforum.

I have been helping some people to downgrade and instal CFW in their consoles, all of them O3DS, and I had no problems.

But now I'm stuck with a N3DS. Afaik, the steps are almost the same, so I don't know what to do now. The downgrade went fine (apparently) with SafeSysUpdater. We can enter System Settings and internet browser (somebody told me this are checks to see if the downgrade has been completely successful). The next step is to create the EmuNAND with EmuNAND9Tool, but, when we run it, it freezes with the bottom screen red. We tried downgrading again but it's the same.

What can we do? Thanks in advance
Try the gateway launcher instead :) Download the latest gateway launcher from here, after download copy the launcher.dat file to root of your SD. Now from 3ds browser go to 'go.gateway-3ds.com' and then select 'Format emuNAND'. Wait for it to complete. Done! You have created an emuNAND :)

Like emuNAND9, doing this will format your SD, so make a backup of it beforehand.

Temporalin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try the gateway launcher instead :) Download the latest gateway launcher from here, after download copy the launcher.dat file to root of your SD. Now from 3ds browser go to 'go.gateway-3ds.com' and then select 'Format emuNAND'. Wait for it to complete. Done! You have created an emuNAND :)

Like emuNAND9, doing this will format your SD, so make a backup of it beforehand.
We've just tried this and it doesn't launch anything

Have you tried the classic trick of running a homebrew app first then the tool?
We already tried this before posting, but thanks anyway

Just tried Svanheulen's downgrade check and confirmed we have a frankenfirmware. I'll try to fix this and return here either to close the thread or keep asking.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
We've just tried this and it doesn't launch anything

We already tried this before posting, but thanks anyway

Just tried Svanheulen's downgrade check and confirmed we have a frankenfirmware. I'll try to fix this and return here either to close the thread or keep asking.
Probably didn't work because you have a franken-firmware :P

Temporalin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update:
Even though we could access System Settings and the web browser we followed this guide to repair the "frankenfirmware" -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-r...mware-w-o-upgrading-to-10-3-or-higher.413368/
No results, EmuNAND9Tool keeps freezing at loading. To add some info, the downgrade was an instant, just pressing Y to downgrade and finished. Could that be the cause? Or just a symptom?

The owner recently bought Bravely Second, which seems to include the 10.3 version. Maybe we can use it to upgrade and downgrade again?

I attached a screenshot of Downgrade Check, hope it helps.

Attachments

• photo_2016-03-01_20-26-20.jpg
    photo_2016-03-01_20-26-20.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 235
D

Deleted User

Log looks fine (the 2 titles can be fixed, but have nothing to do with CFW)

Try using the GW.3dsx from HBL to create an emunand.

Also how are you using HBL? Try setting it up again in case the payload you have currently running is incorrect.

Temporalin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Log looks fine (the 2 titles can be fixed, but have nothing to do with CFW)

Try using the GW.3dsx from HBL to create an emunand.

Also how are you using HBL? Try setting it up again in case the payload you have currently running is incorrect.
We tried GW with the launcher.dat version with no results (said above)

Menuhax. It was running fine, but ok, we tried to set it up again to check the payload. It installed again, tried to run EmuNAND9 and, as always, nothing.

D

Deleted User

Are you able to run Decrypt9/FBI or any other brahma based payloads? Your downgrade log looks perfectly fine.

I'd try seeing if you can run any of the above payloads (try miniPasta as well, that's a good check to see if your nativefirm is right)

Last edited by ,

Temporalin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I might be a little late to the party, but if you try to downgrading again, don't use safesysupdater. It's not the safest version despite its name. Use the sysupdater from here instead.
titleException:
main.cpp:150: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info !
Looking for that error in Google shows that could be because of an outdated version. Are you sure that's the one we should use? If that's the case we'll keep on trying.

Are you able to run Decrypt9/FBI or any other brahma based payloads? Your downgrade log looks perfectly fine.

I'd try seeing if you can run any of the above payloads (try miniPasta as well, that's a good check to see if your nativefirm is right)
Following the frankenfirmware repair tutorial we had to use miniPasta and it worked fine, we were able to install a cia version of sysUpdater.
Decrypt9 runned without problems. EmuNAND9 didn't (just checked again to see if some kind of hacking god repaired it magically)

D

Deleted User

titleException:
Looking for that error in Google shows that could be because of an outdated version. Are you sure that's the one we should use? If that's the case we'll keep on trying.

Following the frankenfirmware repair tutorial we had to use miniPasta and it worked fine, we were able to install a cia version of sysUpdater.
Decrypt9 runned without problems. EmuNAND9 didn't (just checked again to see if some kind of hacking god repaired it magically)

Which release of E9 are you using (latest is 2-1-2016). If you're able to run all those payloads, no reason E9 shouldn't work properly. I do remember it taking awhile to load.

If you're using menuhax, try setting E9 as the boot.3dsx and see what happens. Doesn't make sense that both GW/E9 wouldn't work, but all the other payloads do. Could also try another SD in the rare event.

I guess worst cases is if everything else works, you can just use multiNAND to create one on the PC.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

titleException:

It sounds like everything else is running fine (hopefully along with the things you didn't try yet) so don't resort to re-downgrading, but yes, I am certain. Basically, during the whole downgrade hype, three different versions (probably more, but these were the most common) were released at different times - the first, by TuxSH, worked, but the way it did things was pretty sketchy. It uninstalled everything first, and then installed the new files. Obviously you can see what can happen there. Then you have Steveice10's (?) build, which was a bit better, but if something went wrong, even Safe Mode wasn't guaranteed to work. And then you have the one I linked you to, julian20's build, which first and foremost installs relevant Safe Mode titles. Then, it uninstalls one title, installs the relevant file, uninstalls the next, and the installs that relevant file, etc. His build here was the one I linked to.

Safesysupdater definitely has its use - it checks to make sure you have the right files and that the checksums are correct so that you don't have the wrong files. But where it falls short is that it's based on the original sysupdater. That said, this is why I suggested you use the one I linked you to, which is julian20's.

Temporalin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which release of E9 are you using (latest is 2-1-2016). If you're able to run all those payloads, no reason E9 shouldn't work properly. I do remember it taking awhile to load.

If you're using menuhax, try setting E9 as the boot.3dsx and see what happens. Doesn't make sense that both GW/E9 wouldn't work, but all the other payloads do. Could also try another SD in the rare event.

I guess worst cases is if everything else works, you can just use multiNAND to create one on the PC.
Yes, we have the latest one. It doesn't start even if we let it 10 minutes straight, so I suppose that's not the problem.

It sounds like everything else is running fine (hopefully along with the things you didn't try yet) so don't resort to re-downgrading, but yes, I am certain. Basically, during the whole downgrade hype, three different versions (probably more, but these were the most common) were released at different times - the first, by TuxSH, worked, but the way it did things was pretty sketchy. It uninstalled everything first, and then installed the new files. Obviously you can see what can happen there. Then you have Steveice10's (?) build, which was a bit better, but if something went wrong, even Safe Mode wasn't guaranteed to work. And then you have the one I linked you to, julian20's build, which first and foremost installs relevant Safe Mode titles. Then, it uninstalls one title, installs the relevant file, uninstalls the next, and the installs that relevant file, etc. His build here was the one I linked to.

Safesysupdater definitely has its use - it checks to make sure you have the right files and that the checksums are correct so that you don't have the wrong files. But where it falls short is that it's based on the original sysupdater. That said, this is why I suggested you use the one I linked you to, which is julian20's.
Thanks for the extensive information, I really appreciate it.

New things we tried: using another SD card and formating it (with Windows). No results.

I see multiNAND can create, inject and all those things but... we need a NAND.bin from sysNAND first, don't we? How can we get it if we can't run EmuNAND9?

The owner is bored of this, so, if we can't find a solution soon, he will update it. Sorry for hurring up, thanks in advance.

D

Deleted User

Yes, we have the latest one. It doesn't start even if we let it 10 minutes straight, so I suppose that's not the problem.

Thanks for the extensive information, I really appreciate it.

New things we tried: using another SD card and formating it (with Windows). No results.

I see multiNAND can create, inject and all those things but... we need a NAND.bin from sysNAND first, don't we? How can we get it if we can't run EmuNAND9?

The owner is bored of this, so, if we can't find a solution soon, he will update it. Sorry for hurring up, thanks in advance.

As stated above, you said D9 worked fine. Boot that, choose SYSNAND OPTIONS, and then SysNAND backup. Let that complete, and then use that NAND.BIN to inject. Then attempt to boot the CFW of your choice. (Suggest removing menuhax while doing this so you don't have to hold extra buttons during the emunand boot since it's a clone of sysNAND)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup