Emulation Problems with Emulating a GBA Game? Click.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, pretty much. This game is a beast to run smoothly.

1. Go buy a faster CPU for your computer, if it's an older one. That'll cut down the amount of frameskip needed.
2. Download the newest emulator version, and put it into a separate folder so they don't share configuration settings.
3. Make sure the save type is set to Flash 128K.
4. Turn off screen filters like hq4x, etc.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found that the newest version of VBA (that is, either the official 1.8.0 or the unofficial VBA-m project) actually requires more CPU power than older versions. Try using VBA 1.7.2 with the DirectDraw render method for fastest emulation.

NFK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
theclaw said:
Yes, pretty much. This game is a beast to run smoothly.

1. Go buy a faster CPU for your computer, if it's an older one. That'll cut down the amount of frameskip needed.
2. Download the newest emulator version, and put it into a separate folder so they don't share configuration settings.
3. Make sure the save type is set to Flash 128K.
4. Turn off screen filters like hq4x, etc.

1. You mention this...why?, never asked about the frameskip.
2. anything further than VBA 1.71 and things go south, eh, i made a separate folder for climax anyway.
3. vba-over.ini
4. i don't use filters

as for all that you said...why?, i only asked about having a patch-related problem.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so, if I want a good gba emulator, I should just try to find the 1.71 version? sorry for reviving a dead thread but the newest emulator lags sometimes on my laptop -.-,

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If speed is an issue, then you want VBA 1.7.2, using the DirectDraw method of drawing to the screen (not OpenGL or D3D). If you want more accurate emulation, then 1.8.0 or any version of VBA-M (which is still under development) would be better, but takes a bit more CPU power.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, VBA Does link to others via same comp or internet, so even if the VBA 1.8.0 does use more CPU, either
1. Buy and new comp if it's that serious.
2. Buy a new CPU if it's also that serious.
3. Buy a Gaming Comp and Be done with it because at that point you just solved 95% of your Gaming speed problems
4. Exit CPU Hogging programs using Taskmanager(Ctrl+alt+delete to open)
5. Quit Complaning.
hate2.gif
It's Just a little Emulator. No Big deal over this.

If none of these options fit your satisfaction. Go extreme!

6. Make Your own emulator. HA! Thy that on for size.
gbasp2.gif

If you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all cuz i ain't here to argue, just help out with my general knowledge(although i can help using my tec smarts
lecture.gif
)

syrusch

Trophies
Website
www.stut.ch
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi,

I want to play Iridion II but the games crash in the Canyon level. About 4 years before i've got a patch that remove the protection but i can't find it now. Can someone please upload the patch. i Can't find it on intenet...

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for Necrobumping this,

but I have an issue, Mario Bros 3. gives me this error:

You Save Data has been corrupted or something like that. >.> tried google etc. but I cannot find anything!

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for Necrobumping this,

but I have an issue, Mario Bros 3. gives me this error:

You Save Data has been corrupted or something like that. >.> tried google etc. but I cannot find anything!

Go to here for a good degragger. Some people swear by it. I hope it helps you. Just run your save through it and hopefully everything will be ok :)

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Try downloading this then use the SRAM patcher on your rom & see if it works .

next problem. The Mushroom Kingdom seems to have a heavy Earthquake at my emulator. I cannot select anything if I end up on the map after selecting a file :P
Well maybe try another vba ver or explain your problem better since I can't understand it . Maybe a pic can help .

Edit: you can also try patching your clean rom with this patch .

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

next problem. The Mushroom Kingdom seems to have a heavy Earthquake at my emulator. I cannot select anything if I end up on the map after selecting a file :P
Well maybe try another vba ver or explain your problem better since I can't understand it . Maybe a pic can help .

Hmm well after i select a profile on SMB3, I get on the main map of world one get it? Well the whole freaking map is shaking(That explains my post a bit) and I can't select anything! >.>;;

But I will try to fellow your steps. Still the earthquake occurs.

Pics won't help btw, since you can't see it moving on a pic :P

lamfp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried saving a pokemon game with Flash$Flash 128kb settings, but the save file comes out 64kb..
Then I tried setting it to automatic&Flash 128kb, and then the game said the save failed & is checking backup memory...
If anyone could make me a 128kb save file at the beginning of the game with a shiny charmander and have the character named RED and the rival named BLUE
and send it to me, that'd be swell.. :3

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt

Hmm well after i select a profile on SMB3, I get on the main map of world one get it? Well the whole freaking map is shaking(That explains my post a bit) and I can't select anything! >.>;;

Well you got me curious so I tried it out & saw what you mean . Got it fixed by going to options->emulator->save type & choosing flash 128kb and booting the clean rom .
I tried saving a pokemon game with Flash$Flash 128kb settings, but the save file comes out 64kb..
Then I tried setting it to automatic&Flash 128kb, and then the game said the save failed & is checking backup memory...
If anyone could make me a 128kb save file at the beginning of the game with a shiny charmander and have the character named RED and the rival named BLUE
Well you didn't specify which pokemon but since I opened vba anyway here is fire red save http://www.mediafire.com/?8irdcp89g40she1

lamfp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well you got me curious so I tried it out & saw what you mean . Got it fixed by going to options->emulator->save type & choosing flash 128kb and booting the clean rom .
Well you didn't specify which pokemon but since I opened vba anyway here is fire red save http://www.mediafire...8irdcp89g40she1

I got it! Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg