Hacking Problems with 128kb saves in GPSP Kai 3.2

Aekx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using GPSP Kai 3.2 test 02(mainly because its the only one ive found that works on my psp), and apart from some compatibility issues, it's been working fine except that it refuses to accept 128 kb saves. I checked the game config.txt and it says flash_rom_type=128kb under Pokemon emerald, but when i go to save it just corrupts and makes it 64kb.

In case it's needed:
PSP Go, firmware 6.20
the rom i was using is pokemon emerald 386.
The problem is (probably) not the rom, as i get the same issue with Super mario bros 4 and pokemon mystery dungeon

loco365

Trophies
XP
Aekx said:
I've been using GPSP Kai 3.2 test 02(mainly because its the only one ive found that works on my psp), and apart from some compatibility issues, it's been working fine except that it refuses to accept 128 kb saves. I checked the game config.txt and it says flash_rom_type=128kb under Pokemon emerald, but when i go to save it just corrupts and makes it 64kb.

In case it's needed:
PSP Go, firmware 6.20
the rom i was using is pokemon emerald 386.
The problem is (probably) not the rom, as i get the same issue with Super mario bros 4 and pokemon mystery dungeon
That's odd. I've never had that issue when I used the HBL, and never had it when I went to the HEN. What about another version of gPSP? That might solve it, or do a reinstall of gPSP. If you need settings files, I could send you mine, as I am using Emerald and FireRed.

Aekx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEN, TN-B

as for using another version of gPSP, i havent found another one that works.
will reinstall though when i get the chance

Aekx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reinstalling did not work.
if anyone would like to upload their working gpsp folder(minus bios and roms, of course) it would be greatly appreciated

loco365

Trophies
XP
Aekx said:
reinstalling did not work.
if anyone would like to upload their working gpsp folder(minus bios and roms, of course) it would be greatly appreciated
Definately.
biggrin.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N1STETPK

Aekx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it reverts my saves down to 64 kb, even with yours. looks like ill have to shop around for another version again. thanks for the effort though, really appreciated
smile.gif

this is becoming frustrating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs