Homebrew Problems I'm having after updating Luma

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I updated Luma on two 3DS systems last night. They both had identical apps and stuff on them, and the updates went successful the first time for both.
Beforehand, I had gotten Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. After updating, I returned the the homemenu to find that there was no trace of the game. It vanished. FBI and Freeshop indicated that they were still actively existent on my menu, but there was no way to access it.

So I deleted the game and reinstalled. To my relief, it worked again.
But then I noticed something off.. My individual folders were all gone, and it took some of the apps with it, but some others just landed back onto the main screen.
Now, I was getting a bit angry.

But sadly it didn't stop there. I booted up some games to make sure they work. Smash randomly got a corrupted save file and I had to start my entire game all over.
Same with New Leaf.
Hmmm, seems like I can use NTR to save the file.. of no, wait.. that vanished too. :/
I'm just very unhappy.

I even updated to the latest FW to see if that helps, and also check the forums to make sure nobody else had this problem. Didn't see anything.

Anyway to stop this torture?And has anyone else had this issue?

It ONLY happened on my o3DS XL. My original o3DS works perfectly sound.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sounds like it's most likely an SD issue, not anything to do with Luma. Try using a different, freshly error-checked and formatted SD card and see if the problems remain.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My computer apparently hates SD cards.
Micro, nope
USB to SD, nope
Plain SD, nope
Multiport SD, nooooo

So, I can't check. :U

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Very curious update:

So, I THOUGHT my Luma CFW was "fused" into my SysNAND, meaning all apps are visible from initial boot.
But... I guess not? Cause some of my missing apps and folders show up on my homemenu without the SD inserted.
Why is that? And why the heck did the migrate there?
I'm so confuzzled... @.@

Hate to post 3 times in less than 10 minutes, but correction: it wasn't without an SD card. I had swapped the two, to see what the outcome would be. (since I was always curious) Because I don't think the 3DS can boot without an SD. (On Luma)

I feel stupid. e.e
The Luma settings were not correctly configured.
I configured them back to the right settings, and all is well again.

I had no idea the settings restore back to default after an update, as the last update didn't do that.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My computer apparently hates SD cards.
Micro, nope
USB to SD, nope
Plain SD, nope
Multiport SD, nooooo

So, I can't check. :U

Very curious update:

So, I THOUGHT my Luma CFW was "fused" into my SysNAND, meaning all apps are visible from initial boot.
But... I guess not? Cause some of my missing apps and folders show up on my homemenu without the SD inserted.
Why is that? And why the heck did the migrate there?
I'm so confuzzled... @.@

Hate to post 3 times in less than 10 minutes, but correction: it wasn't without an SD card. I had swapped the two, to see what the outcome would be. (since I was always curious) Because I don't think the 3DS can boot without an SD. (On Luma)

I feel stupid. e.e
The Luma settings were not correctly configured.
I configured them back to the right settings, and all is well again.

I had no idea the settings restore back to default after an update, as the last update didn't do that.
Glad you figured it out. When you update luma and the config options change, the old config can mess with it.

As for the 4 posts in a row, just use the edit button next time please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone