Homebrew Problem with RetroArch (crashes after my first game)

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I'm trying to run mame2009 in retroarch and every 2nd game i run gives a black screen full with numbers, the first game runs great. I got the full mame 2009 set (0.138 from the top of my head) Got the latest rpx version of retroarch, installed it correctly. I'm loading the roms from usb.(usb:\mame\roms) Searching did not match any results, so i'm quite confused :P

Would love to run mame on my wiiu, can somebody tells me where it goes wrong.

(wiiu is on CFW with hacxchi, hd is also the one i use for my gamecube and wii games)

Thanks for any reply that will clear the cloudy sky.

Last edited by defrb,
Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm trying to run mame2009 in retroarch and every 2nd game i run gives a black screen full with numbers, the first game runs great. I got the full mame 2009 set (0.138 from the top of my head) Got the latest rpx version of retroarch, installed it correctly. I'm loading the roms from usb.(usb:\mame\roms) Searching did not match any results, so i'm quite confused :P

Would love to run mame on my wiiu, can somebody tells me where it goes wrong.

(wiiu is on CFW with hacxchi, hd is also the one i use for my gamecube and wii games)

Thanks for any reply that will clear the cloudy sky.
Mame 2009 is not really stable on the wiiu for a number of reasons that has been discussed over on the retroarch thread on this very site.
You should be using mame 2003 with set 0.78 it is the recommended mame core to use with the wiiu. It pretty much plays every mame rom i have tried and hasn't once crashed for me.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: defrb

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haha, i know i'm a little stubborn ^^, but with the 0.78 set i had the same problem (2nd game > crash -.-) Thats why i thought lets test the mame2009 emu with the 0.138 set.
I got the feeling that when i put them on sd my problem is solved, but i also need the pc_engine cd on that card and so many more, i like to have full sets :P But when theres no other way , i will make selections of all time greatest and just put those on sd.

Just wanted to be sure if i'm doing something wrong and that it is actually possible to load from usb without crashing on the 2nd.

Searching on internet did not give any hits with the same problem, sd card is checked for errors same as hd, tried to reinstall retroarch from the scratch but nothing seems to fix the problem.

Mame 2009 is not really stable on the wiiu for a number of reasons that has been discussed over on the retroarch thread on this very site.
You should be using mame 2003 with set 0.78 it is the recommended mame core to use with the wiiu. It pretty much plays every mame rom i have tried and hasn't once crashed for me.

Thanks for pointing this out, will swap the 0.138 set for the 0.78 set. But still need to know why it crash on the second rom i load, in the black screen it says something about to little memory. while i do close the rom first, are you running the roms from usb or sd?

Last edited by defrb,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans