Hacking Problem with ram upload on Hitachi 79fl

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I am using the latest Jungle flasher to dump keys and apply CFW to the hitachi 79 drive. This drive has never been flashed before and i am running into problems. I can get the drive into b-mode no problem, then i put in the 79 unlock cd that i have and burned using image burn. This all goes well the disk plays fot the 500ms and then ejects but then here comes the problem... when it is trying to do the ram upload it always fails. I have tried numerous times to get the ram to upload so that i can dump the keys and such. I have searched google and have not been able to locate a straight forward answer. One post I read stated to put jungle flasher in Classic instead of ram upload but I do not think that this will work since the hitachi 78/79 drives are different from the rest. I also checked the QA in the JF tutorial pdf but no anwsersd there either.

If anyone has run into this problem before please tell me how you corrected the problem or point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok got it figured out. Had to use an old computer running XP to flash the drive. WIndows 7 and the motherboard wanted no part of the ram upload. LOL Plugged it in ran JF and flashed in 5 min. I put the latest LT 1.91 on it sdince the new 2.0 doesn't have support for hitachi drives yet. I have a slim too that I may flash but do not want to take it apart yet and void the warranty since I just bought it a month ago. I am sure that it has a lite on drive in it since the Manufacture date was Nov. 2010. I was wondering if I need to get a PCB board for it or is there some other method to unlock the board. I heard about drilling it but I am not to keen on that. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.