Hardware Problem with 480p and Netflix

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
OK, I've had this problem for a long time and imagined it would eventually fix itself and since I prefer the interlace look I did not care but nevermind that; now I want to know why it doesn't work right.

This is a bit hard to explain, there seems to be a lot of color interference. The boot up screen with the big red Netflix logo has random gray-ish lines going up really fast, so it seems to react on color. Another thing is if you put the pointer in a certain screen area a thin orange horizontal transparent line gets smeared across the screen. Main issue is that watching is irritating as the colors on the screen are constantly changing shades.

I am using cheap third party component cables, yeah, you'd think there's the issue but why only the video services? That makes no sense; to me at least. Don't think it needs to be said but 480p works on everything except the video apps and YouTube/WiiMC work. I did search for this issue but nothing relevant came up, possibly because I didn't explain it clearly.

To be as clear as possible:
-This only happens in 480p in Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and Hulu Plus (the issues are all exactly the same)
-This does not happen in 480i, or any other software official/homebrew that I've encountered using 480i/p

EDIT: Thanks for nothing guys, the problem comes from my TV, it can't display correctly when the Wii is set to 480p in a software that stretches the display by 76, 78 and 80 pixels. To put it simply any software that uses this setting causes this problem. WiiMC in 16:9 mode has it for example but doesn't in 4:3 mode so I missed it for some time until it occurred to me to try it in widescreen.

There is no fix, other than recompile the software with a lower amount of stretching but surprise I can't do that with Netflix. Nothing short of looking for every 0x2D0 value and edit it to something normal like 0x2C0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.