Hacking problem vwii is shuting down the wii u after reading de usb hard drive

tsueseres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello, i have a problem i searched alot trying to find a solution but nothing thats why im posting this new thread, my problem is:

the vwii is shutting down once it finish mounting the usb hard drive, i found this after trying diferent things:

1. when vwii mode is active, i connected the usb hd after turning it on and reading it, yust a few seconds and then vwii turns off the console
2. in cfg after mounting the hd and showing the backups a few seconds later if shuts down again

i noticed that i need to make vwii to keep reading from the usb hd so it can stop shutting down, but in some games doesnt need to keep seeking in the hd because it has loaded all it need, and then it shuts down

i have the vwii with cios already installed, i even reinstall them hoping that will solve the problem
i have tried with two usb hd one in fat32 the other in ntfs

i hope somebody can help me :( im desperate

thanks in advance

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shutting the entire console off huh? May be you still have main partition from hd company with security still on? Tweaking this to reset instead of shut down is very helpful.
(well not for your problem)
But more than likely you just have a pirated game that is corrupt and/or has the run/power down commands running on the header.
Move all the games off the hard drive and plug it in when vwii load and see what happens.

tsueseres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
shutting the entire console off huh? May be you still have main partition from hd company with security still on? Tweaking this to reset instead of shut down is very helpful.
(well not for your problem)
But more than likely you just have a pirated game that is corrupt and/or has the run/power down commands running on the header.
Move all the games off the hard drive and plug it in when vwii load and see what happens.

hi thanks for the answer, i tried with a clean ntfs and fat32 hdd in the vwii menu and once i connect the usbhdd a few seconds later it shuts down the entire system, i dont have this problem with a normal 4gb usb memory.

any ideas of what could it be??

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a portable drive? Maybe it is requesting too much power and the WiiU shuts down to avoid any damage? I would try on a friend's Wii/U that can play backups if you can.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
It's like Cracker said, the hard drive request too much power from the console and in vWii, it shut downs. That happened to me every time I plugged the hard drive while in vWii mode. What I do is plug it before powering on the console and wait for the WiiU to ask to format the hard drive, after that I have no problem inside vWii.

I have tried with others hard drives and I get the same result, so it's either the console or there's something wrong with the Y-shaped USB cable, but I haven't bothered getting a new one.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say it's clean but are you using windows or linux?
More time than not hdd companies have a hidden partition on the drive for some of these windows does not see that partition. But, other operating systems do.
Back in the wii days I had a samsung hard drive that contained a hidden partition. Baffled me for minutes on windows. Every game was loaded to it on pc but would turn off my wii when loading up the hard drive. I did what garro is saying and in the original wii it worked just fine. (I say original wii because the wii u wasn't out when I had this problem) So, I booted up linux on my pc and decided to do some checking and wouldn't you know it. A hidden partition that windows couldn't see. So, real quick like I erased the entire hard drive, reformatted it to fat, booted back into windows, and re installed all the games. Works like a charm now.
Also once I was getting one of my "backups" from a torrent site (that's where I store them) and it must have gotten hacked by one of those leet haxxors and become corrupt because it would cause my wii to shut down almost instantly upon booting.
I am just throwing those out there for ya.
Also how big are these hard drives? And brands and models would be helpful.

tsueseres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You say it's clean but are you using windows or linux?
More time than not hdd companies have a hidden partition on the drive for some of these windows does not see that partition. But, other operating systems do.
Back in the wii days I had a samsung hard drive that contained a hidden partition. Baffled me for minutes on windows. Every game was loaded to it on pc but would turn off my wii when loading up the hard drive. I did what garro is saying and in the original wii it worked just fine. (I say original wii because the wii u wasn't out when I had this problem) So, I booted up linux on my pc and decided to do some checking and wouldn't you know it. A hidden partition that windows couldn't see. So, real quick like I erased the entire hard drive, reformatted it to fat, booted back into windows, and re installed all the games. Works like a charm now.
Also once I was getting one of my "backups" from a torrent site (that's where I store them) and it must have gotten hacked by one of those leet haxxors and become corrupt because it would cause my wii to shut down almost instantly upon booting.
I am just throwing those out there for ya.
Also how big are these hard drives? And brands and models would be helpful.

hello, im using both windows and linux, i checked and theres only one partition ntfs in one hdd and fat32 in the other one hdd is 1tb toshiba and the othe is 500MB WD
if i plug the hdd before getting to vwii it works but once the hdd is getting read by the vwii in the cfg loader or in the homebrechannel if it doesnt keep reading from it it shuts down the console

tsueseres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello, i found a hard drive that works i can even plug it in the vwii menu and it doesnt turn it off
with the other usbhdd the weird thing is that i have a y cable and i have connected one end to the wiiu and the power end to laptop to charger etc and it keeps turning off

maybe its because those disk have something that is not compatible with vwii system

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you happen to try plugging both ends of the y cable in the wii u itself??
And is that wd a passport by chance? If so I can tell you for sure the wd passports have a hidden partition in them. You can google around on how to remove it. But they also tend to come with outdated firmware. And sometimes that older firmware can cause issues in newer devices they are connected to. I know with the wd hdd you can connect it to your laptop and go to their website and update the firmware on the hard drive. I have one of these wd passports 500gb. And I removed the hidden partition. (I can tell you for sure formatting it does not remove it)
Here's a test to check. Format the hard drive to fat 32 or ntfs your choice. Then tell me how much available space is on your drive.
This hidden partition is referred to as a vcd. It could actually be part of your problem. I did a google search and this popped up. And well it looks familiar so this is probably the method I used to get rid of the hidden partition on mine. http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/passport-vcd.html
They actually are more common on hard drive than you would think. Some manufacturers are better at hiding them so they aren't seen on windows or linux. But, most forget to figure in the noticeable storage loss. So, if you look at the lets say 500 gb drive that only has 457gb available space on it (these aren't actual values just examples) you should know right away that there is something else on that drive. And if you formatted it completely then it's a hidden partition. Also can tell you for sure a wd passport disk drive 500gb does not need a y cable to function on the wii u. (dont know about the solid state ones from wd I don't have one)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @AncientBoi are you there :tpi::tpi::tpi: