Hacking Problem updating R4iGold from r4ids.cn, Revision C

slmpika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have the Metroid Prime Demo Icon on my 3DS (v4.4.0). I downloaded the latest update patch from http://r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html. However, when I run the file R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patch_NDSi.nds on my 3DS, the Card Check fails. Is anyone else having this problem with this update? Pressing B shows nothing, when on the previous update patches, it would display my card information.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a similar problem but not the same. I'm on 4.3.0-10 and it loads up but after it's complete, nothing changes. I reset the system and still have the same icon and everything. Not sure what's up since other people seem to be getting it to work.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you sure thats it a rev C?
9,A,B max out at 4.4.0
6,7,8 even at 4.3.0

btw does anyone have a link for 4.3.0? I have a rev 8 thats not updated. Tnx.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I currently have the Metroid Prime Demo Icon on my 3DS (v4.4.0). I downloaded the latest update patch from http://r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html. However, when I run the file R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patch_NDSi.nds on my 3DS, the Card Check fails. Is anyone else having this problem with this update? Pressing B shows nothing, when on the previous update patches, it would display my card information.

are you placing Both the .nds files onto the root of the SD card and have tryied running then both?
one will pass the other one fails, you only need to run the one that passes

krisbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
same problem here. New card rev C with metroid icon bought from nds-card last week.
Neither file works.

8gb Sandisk card with R4ids.cn card on a nintendo 3ds with V 1.1.0-0E firmware.

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I'm having the exact same problem too.
Tried running both, both fails.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they changed the patch again (different checksum for me) but it's still not working on my card either. It says "C" on the back so I know it's the correct revision. 4.4.0 patch still runs fine, I checked.

Reactions: JayRo

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update went fine for me on my revision C card. I updated using my 3DS XL since I dont have a DSi or DS(-L). Icon is now a japanese game.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad somebody made this thread, i'll be checking back here if anyone gets this working. I have a card with the 1.4.4 update on it (Rev C card) and 1.4.5 won't update. It just says FAIL in green, and pressing B does nothing. Tried with my 4.4.0-10 3DS-XL as well as my DSi-XL, and nothing works. I put both of the .nds files on the root of my mem card, and even tried a fresh mem card with just the wood 1.54 and .nds files... they both do the same FAIL thing. I'm seriously not going to buy a DS Lite just to update this card.

It would be cheaper just to buy a DSTwo at that point... and just keep this card for my DSi.

Reactions: dronesplitter

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
For those lucky few of you that got the patch to work, what was your setup, and exact procedure that you followed? (DS model, mem card brand, previous card firmware, system firmware of DS, etc...) I'm curious to know what could be the "magic recipe" to getting this to work.

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a blue Mario Kart 7 3DS XL at 4.3.0. My R4i Gold 3DS originally shipped with Kirby Squeak Squad and updated to Metroid Prime Hunters Demo. The MicroSD card I used was a 2GB Kingston I believe. I didn't follow the readme cause im a bad boy and I just placed the NDSi update file at the root of the MicroSD and put it in the R4i Gold 3DS and ran the file and pressed A, waited a few minutes, not sure if this had anything to do with it succeeding, but I put the XL on a flat surface and went to shower. When I came out of the shower, all dried up, I checked the 3DS and it said succeded. I rebooted and voila! new game icon and title. Card boots up fine, but haven't updated the 3DS to 4.5.0 yet. Haven't tested booting on my Red 3DS XL at 4.4.0 either.

Reactions: JayRo

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... At least you have a good success story. I'll try with different mem cards and experiment with FAT vs FAT32, if it makes any difference. Thanks again for the details. :)

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My revision C came with Dorasu when I got it. Could that have anything to do with it? I think others saying this patch works also mentioned the Kirby icon on their card so that seems important.

EDIT:
I think I have found something
http://www.oz3ds.com/blog/archives/440
This site says:
"1. Your R4i gold 3ds must be with the PCB board marked “C”
2. Your R4i gold 3ds must be with the icon , ” DEEP LABYRINTH ” or ” Kirby ”
(As there is another icon on PCB “C” named “METRO” which is not available, pls take it easy, the official team will release another patch to support it. )"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: