Hacking Problem Updating my R4i for Nintendo 3DS

Juangb92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone!

I have this problem since a lot of time.
I once bought a R4i for my 3ds. (As shown in the image).

When I got it, the seller told me that I could update my R4 so I could
still use it even if the 3ds firmware was updated.

When I wanted to do it I couldn't find the proper update for my card.
That happened around 2012. I haven't updated my 3ds yet because I still
want to use my R4 with the DS games.

The cons? I can't play any of the newest games in the 3DS library... Quite a sacrifice :wacko:

My 3ds is in the version 4.1.0-8U. I really want to update my r4 so I can play newer 3ds games.
Is there even any support for this R4??? I tried to find a solution in the main webpage (www.r4ids.cn), but since I'm not very experienced in this kind of stuff I couldn't find anything.

Could you help me find a solution? Not being able to play current 3ds games really sucks... but I still enjoy a lot using my R4! :O

I hope there is a solution. Thank you for reading and for your time!!

See ya! :lol:

aay8no.jpg

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) don't update your 3ds 4.1-4.5 is where you will want to stay do not go higher

2) that card is ONLY for nds roms not 3ds roms

3) get a gateway they are the best card on the market for what you are looking for

4) do not pirate piracy is bad(although I obviously don't care as much as many others on this site)

Ps. I don't think that card even works in your 3ds at all...

Reactions: Juangb92

BestR4i3DS.com

Trophies
Website
www.New3DSCard.com
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds is in the version 4.1.0-8U. I really want to update my r4 so I can play newer 3ds games.
Is there even any support for this R4??? I tried to find a solution in the main webpage (www.r4ids.cn), but since I'm not very experienced in this kind of stuff I couldn't find anything.

i'm sure you never used this card to play 3D games, right? because it can't support 3DS roms;
another, this card's support site .com, not .cn

But you are very lucky, your 3DS version is V4.1.0, you can use real 3DS model flashcarts such as
Gateway 3DS , MT card 3DS and R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe to play 3DS games

Juangb92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i'm sure you never used this card to play 3D games, right? because it can't support 3DS roms;

Yes, I know it doens't support 3DS game, maybe I didn't make myself clear haha. I was wondering if I could update the R4 so I can still play my DS games but also play current (original) 3DS games.

another, this card's support site .com, not .cn

yeah... :( since I bought it I found that the site wasn't available, and I thought that maybe they changed the url (i don't know xD I'm just trying to guess haha)

But I have a question, even if I get another card like the ones that you suggested I shouldn't update my 3DS ??

Thank you a lot for the reply! :D

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know it doens't support 3DS game, maybe I didn't make myself clear haha. I was wondering if I could update the R4 so I can still play my DS games but also play current (original) 3DS games.

yeah... :( since I bought it I found that the site wasn't available, and I thought that maybe they changed the url (i don't know xD I'm just trying to guess haha)

But I have a question, even if I get another card like the ones that you suggested I shouldn't update my 3DS ??

Thank you a lot for the reply! :D

That is correct Do NOT update. I would recommend the Gateway 3ds card i bought one from BestR4i3DS.com
http://www.bestr4i3ds.com and i got mine in 3 days :D

Reactions: Juangb92

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you can get a gateway card as your 3ds is on 4.x, then you will be able to play 3ds roms, the cards fror playing 3ds roms only work o 4.1-4.5 so i suggest you have a good read up before you update, if you do decide to get a gateway, even though your system stays on 4.x gateway has something called emunand which allows you to run the newer FW's without updating the FW on your console

Juangb92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
.com and .cn are different teams

the real 3DS model flashcarts require V4.1-V4.5 3DS system,
and your 3DS is V4.1.0-8, so , all is ok to run 3DS model flashcarts.

Oh! I understand now..! :D
thank you all for your replies!

I will put your site in my favorites!!
Just two questions though....
- The gateway card has support for DS games??
- Do you ship to Mexico?? xD

Thank you again! :P

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play DS roms with that card, go to http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm, Download the wood 1.64 copy to the cart like the instruction say, and then boot it to see if it works. I have a later version of that card, so I can't say for sure that will work, but it can't hurt to try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: