Homebrew Problem installing Super Mario 64 VC Wad

Simmons208

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a softmodded wii with system menu v4.1, and for whatever reason I can't seem to get Mario 64 to install. I'm not sure if I'm missing an ios or what. I have tried installing 4 different versions of the wad from different download locations, on Wad Manager, MMM, Wad Manager SDHC, and YAWMM. I have also tried installing on two different cards, one a 2gb, and the other a 4gb, and reformatted each with the same results. I even tried installing from a flash drive and get the same error.

Other wads install fine, I installed all the other n64 vc wads just to check but Mario 64 will not install. I usually get either the: ret= -(1029) or ret= -(1022) ERROR!.

Any help would be great. I have an n64, and an emulator on my computer to play it, I would really just rather have it installed as a channel on my Wii.

demon33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Might be stupid , but you say you installed other wads so.... Be sure your wii still have empty blocks.

Otherwise what ios are you using to install ? Did you make any changes? Does the other wads still works now ?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I am using a softmodded wii with system menu v4.1, and for whatever reason I can't seem to get Mario 64 to install. I'm not sure if I'm missing an ios or what. I have tried installing 4 different versions of the wad from different download locations, on Wad Manager, MMM, Wad Manager SDHC, and YAWMM. I have also tried installing on two different cards, one a 2gb, and the other a 4gb, and reformatted each with the same results. I even tried installing from a flash drive and get the same error.

Other wads install fine, I installed all the other n64 vc wads just to check but Mario 64 will not install. I usually get either the: ret= -(1029) or ret= -(1022) ERROR!.

Any help would be great. I have an n64, and an emulator on my computer to play it, I would really just rather have it installed as a channel on my Wii.

Check your space in Wii Data management, if you have less than 800blocks delete some stuff. After that try UNINSTALLING the Sm64wad and try again.

I would suggest getting the SM64Multiplayr1.2 editon. It's a great modification of the game.

Reactions: Simmons208

Simmons208

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your space in Wii Data management, if you have less than 800blocks delete some stuff. After that try UNINSTALLING the Sm64wad and try again.

I would suggest getting the SM64Multiplayr1.2 editon. It's a great modification of the game.

jonthedit your a genius... I didn't even think you uninstall it as it was always failing during the install. It worked first try! I modded my wii a long time ago, and only updated it with a tutorial when Skyward Sword came out and wouldn't play. Since its modded I'm a little scared to connect to the internet... but Mario 64 multiplayer sounds amazing!

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
jonthedit your a genius... I didn't even think you uninstall it as it was always failing during the install. It worked first try! I modded my wii a long time ago, and only updated it with a tutorial when Skyward Sword came out and wouldn't play. Since its modded I'm a little scared to connect to the internet... but Mario 64 multiplayer sounds amazing!
Glad you got your problem fixed! JoostinOnline helped me with this same exact problem back in 2011. Haha. I never even thought to uninstall the wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night