Hacking Problem installing Homebrew-Channel after exit installation

WJoker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi there,

Yesterday I tried installing the homebrew-channel on vWii using the Smash Stack exploit and using this tutorial.
For some reason, I accidently pressed continue and exit directly on the hackmii installer.
I thought, well no problem start it again and install it. However since then, the installation doesnt want to work anymore. HackMii Installer quits the job, by saying there wasnt found a vulnerable ios.

Now im stuck. In my opinion I havent installed any ios/cios up so far. HBC isnt available either. I tried to run some tools like sysCheck or dopMii by placing the boot.elf into root of the sd, but they just crash.

Can somebody please offer me advice, what to do?

My installer log can be found here

EDIT: If im on the wrong sub-forum I apologize... And hope you can move the subject

Last edited by WJoker,

WJoker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yeah, I found this website already and figured out that this will not work in vWii and potentially brick things.

But Guys, I figured it out :)
Reformatting the sd to fat32 helped somehow. I just copied the contents of my sd card onto pc, formatted my sd card and transfered the content back to sd card. Now I was able to install HBC without any problems.
Thank you :)

EDIT: The thread can get closed :)

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

Yesterday I tried installing the homebrew-channel on vWii using the Smash Stack exploit and using this tutorial.
For some reason, I accidently pressed continue and exit directly on the hackmii installer.
I thought, well no problem start it again and install it. However since then, the installation doesnt want to work anymore. HackMii Installer quits the job, by saying there wasnt found a vulnerable ios.

Now im stuck. In my opinion I havent installed any ios/cios up so far. HBC isnt available either. I tried to run some tools like sysCheck or dopMii by placing the boot.elf into root of the sd, but they just crash.

Can somebody please offer me advice, what to do?

My installer log can be found here

EDIT: If im on the wrong sub-forum I apologize... And hope you can move the subject
By chance, have you actually rebooted the Wii U since this has happened? I had the same problem once when re-installing it, and couldn't figure it out, but a simple reboot solved the problem. It might be worth trying, if you haven't already rebooted.

Edit: You posted you fixed it while I was typing this. HAHA

Great that you fixed it.

Last edited by brienj,

WJoker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I havent rebooted my wii u since this has happened. Either the reboot now or the reformatting of the sd fixed the problem. Thank you :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)