Hacking Pro Controller on Gamecube Games

Rolyat137

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do apologize if this is a noob question, but I just hacked my vWii today with the guide in the sticky and I am currently staring at the "blocks dumped" screen. I am eagerly waiting for the chance to get into some Gamecube games.
I have searched a lot and am not coming up with any answers for my question. Is there a loader that allows me to use my Pro Controller on Gamecube games without the use of another Wii? If not, is there one that is compatible with other bluetooth controllers like the DS3? I know that Nintendont supports multiple controller types, but from what I have read it is extremely limited in the games it can play.
The games I am currently wanting to play are Super Mario Sunshine, Custom Robo, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and Skies of Arcadia Legends. I'd like to be able to play all of them with controller support, as I despise the way the Wiimote + nunchuck feel without motion controls.
Sorry if I didn't research well enough and thank you for reading my brick of text.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about a Wiimote+Classic Controller? If that worked would it satisfy you?

I'm a little behind on what controllers do/don't work, last time I really messed with GC on Wii you still needed a BC Wii and GC controller, but when I get around to digging out my GC discs so I can reverify and use them on vWii, this will be of much interest to me.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a loader that allows me to use my Pro Controller on Gamecube games without the use of another Wii?

Unfortunately you will need Devolution to use your Pro Controller on the Wii U or even the Wii.

If not, is there one that is compatible with other bluetooth controllers like the DS3?

Only way to use bluetooth controllers is with Devolution right now.

The games I am currently wanting to play are Super Mario Sunshine, Custom Robo, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Assuming you own original copies of those games and have access to a Wii you will be able to play these through Devolution, with a Dual Shock 3 and even with a Wii U Pro Controller

Rolyat137

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could handle a Classic Controller, although I would much prefer another alternative. I don't currently own one and I do own a Pro Controller, DS3, etc.
I do not own a Wii and I do own original copies of the games, but they are scratched beyond repair, hence my interest in backups. I own a Gamecube that I play my other Gamecube games on, but when my wife and I tried to play those four games, they wouldn't load. It could be the eye of my Gamecube, seeing as it's very old, but other games run fine, so I can't see why the eye would be the issue. The discs are definitely not in very good condition, anyways.
It seems that Devolution is the only way to go about what I currently want to do, sadly. I am not going to purchase a Wii to play games on my WiiU, as that just seems silly to me. I'll wait for an alternative and use a Classic in the meantime, I suppose.
Thank you for you fast responses, I really do appreciate it.

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question.. I want to use the loader nintendont.

I have a controller wii u controller pro and I know it takes an adapter to make it work , He only Mayflash adapter that is compatible? Someone tried another adapter and it worked for this controller?

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep the Mayflash adapter link that you sent me via PM should work fine. :)
There is even a controller.ini available publicly, so we wouldn't have to go through the work of creating one for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head