Hacking Priiloader v0.7 vs. Priiloader v0.7 236 Mod

Mega Pirate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm pretty sure the only difference between the 2 is just the installer, otherwise priiloader itself is still the exact same horribly programmed app.
Then why does modmii want me to install the 236 mod when I have the regular one already installed.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the only difference between the 2 is just the installer, otherwise priiloader itself is still the exact same horribly programmed app.
Then why does modmii want me to install the 236 mod when I have the regular one already installed.

When ahbprot is enabled they are identical. When ahbprot isn't enabled the default priiloader attempts to use IOS 36 to install. When the 236 version is used without ahbprot, IOS 236 is used to install.

-Erik

Edit: I guess I didn't really answer your question. ModMii doesn't know what you have or don't have installed. It just wants you to follow it's guide. If you reinstalled a SM while following the guide, it overwrote your previous priiloader install however, and you would want to install it again.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The application runs on the native system menu IOS, this IOS236 mod just uses IOS236 to install it and not IOS58+AHBPROT as burritoboy9984 said.

It can actually use ahbprot still. Just depends on how it is loaded (with or without ahbprot access).

-Erik

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, good question why daco haven't added it like this by default.

When I asked him previously

burritoboy9984 said:
daco, what are the odds of you making a version that uses 236 instead of 36? It seems like the community has moved away from patching official ios's and 236 seems to be the standard for a patched one now.

Thanks!
Erik
dacotaco said:
never because the whole 236 idea is stupid in my book and was probably started by some guy that didn't realise you could also just delete IOS36 without any issues and install a patched IOS36 afterwards(deletion required since downgrading is not possible)

-Erik

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dacotaco said:
never because I am a stubborn prick that thinks that my way is the best way even though the rest of the world is accustomed to doing things a better way. Point proven because I never really fix any bugs, I only make more bugs.
Fixed!!
lol. Well yeah I have IOS36 patched too but really, IOS236 is just some great way in my opinion. Well, this is how daco thinks and we can't change it since we are not the devs of priiloader.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I actually asked daco if he could re-release priiloader v0.7 but with davebaol's ahbprot network init. bugfix applied to the installer (instead of bundling TT's copywritten dvdx with his installer for his workaround method). He said he had already done it but wanted to wait to add more features before releasing it. Anyways, I asked jskyboo to have a stab at updating the priiloader installer code, and he got it working safely via ahbprot (using davebaol's workaround) and anyone can get it from here:

http://nusad.googlecode.com/files/Priiloader-v0.7-Fix.zip
http://nusad.googlecode.com/files/Priiloader-v0.7-Fix%2Bsource.zip

there's no real benefit to using this over the priiloader 236 installer, it just means u can install priiloader before installing IOS236... but installing IOS236 isn't dangerous so there really isn't much difference.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I actually asked daco if he could re-release priiloader v0.7 but with davebaol's ahbprot network init. bugfix applied to the installer (instead of bundling TT's copywritten dvdx with his installer for his workaround method).
WTF?!? Are you sure? Damn thats a rather crappy thing to do, but it honestly doesn't surprise me given his nature. What a dink.

He probably justifies it to himself by thinking "Well everyone hacking their wii is just pirating games anyways".

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yea, a little more info on priiloader v0.7+DVDx can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/300936-priiloader-installer-and-darkcorp-question/page__view__findpost__p__3769549

there was another thread where the handful of lines of code he borrowed were identified but I couldn't find it.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WTF?!? Are you sure? Damn thats a rather crappy thing to do, but it honestly doesn't surprise me given his nature. What a dink.

He probably justifies it to himself by thinking "Well everyone hacking their wii is just pirating games anyways".
Yep, this 'please wait while we init' means he uses AHBPROT to install a copy of DVDx, then installs priiloader and removes it again.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I don't see what the big deal is.
As far as I am aware it is not open source, hence why XFlak used the term "Copyrighted". You don't see what the big deal is because it isn't your code. Although, knowing you, even if it was your code you would not give a shit because you'd be happy knowing that people are benefiting from using your code, but it would piss you off if someone shared your stuff without giving credit.... which is exactly what DacoShmuco is doing.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I don't see what the big deal is.
As far as I am aware it is not open source, hence why XFlak used the term "Copyrighted". You don't see what the big deal is because it isn't your code. Although, knowing you, even if it was your code you would not give a shit because you'd be happy knowing that people are benefiting from using your code, but it would piss you off if someone shared your stuff without giving credit.... which is exactly what DacoShmuco is doing.
Oh, I didn't realize that. I am very much against using code without giving proper credit.

Before anybody mentions it, I kept Settings Editor GUI closed source for awhile (except for devs who requested it via PM) just because I was kind of proud of it (I am a newbie, lol), and I didn't realize I was using code that wasn't part of libogc. I had originally intended to release the source after a couple weeks.

I wouldn't share DVDX if it was still available from TT, but it's not, so I don't mind.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't share DVDX if it was still available from TT, but it's not, so I don't mind.
Oh but it is.... if you still have hackmii installer 0.6... like I do :D.... but I never bother using it.
Which isn't available from TT anymore. Besides, the version of DVDX that is good is from a much older version. It allows access to the SEEPROM for example.

There is no good reason to use DVDx. Daco is just being a dink.
Well not anymore, but before the network bug was fixed it was obviously of some use.

DVDX is good for people like me who still use legacy apps, but for the average user it is pointless.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Oh but it is.... if you still have hackmii installer 0.6... like I do :D.... but I never bother using it.
Which isn't available from TT anymore. Besides, the version of DVDX that is good is from a much older version. It allows access to the SEEPROM for example.

There is no good reason to use DVDx. Daco is just being a dink.
Well not anymore, but before the network bug was fixed it was obviously of some use.

DVDX is good for people like me who still use legacy apps, but for the average user it is pointless.
Almost no one ever needs access to the eeprom. dop-mii gains access to it without using dvdx (afaik). MINI and ahbprot has certainly cut the need for using DVDX, hence why all legacy things have been deleted from wiibrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: