Gaming Price of a used PS3 after PS4 release?

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a good estimate of what a used PS3 used will go for on eBay or Gamestop after the release of the PS4 I know the PS2's are about $50 now could we ever see the PS3's going for that price?:unsure:

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't expect a great price drop. As the PS4 won't have backwards compatibility, there's no reason for the used price to go down before the official new prices do.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wouldn't expect a great price drop. As the PS4 won't have backwards compatibility, there's no reason for the used price to go down before the official new prices do.

Exactly. Sony is strongly comitted to their 10-year plan for the system - they wouldn't invest in AAA titles like "The Last of Us" if they weren't, plus the PS4 isn't compatible with PS3 games. The PSTriple isn't going anywhere just yet, and although the price will drop a little due to decreased interest in the system, don't expect mirracles.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What affected the price most would be the price of a new PS2. They've been going for a hundred € or something and thus, the used prices will be a lot lower (=50). In the case of the PS3, if the console sells for 200 new, it'll take a while for it to be 50.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end