• Replies 179
  • Likes 56
Status
Not open for further replies.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
can he be obnoxious? bit like conkers? or Stick Magician POSTAL Edition. I get SMag, hes a stick, and also a magician, but is he a douche magician or a harry potter save the world kinda guy?

Last edited by davetheshrew,

Nightbane30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you ever plan on releasing/publishing some sort of method for others to develop Unity titles to run via Loadliine too? It'd be so cool to see some of my previously created projects run on a Wii U! (Just out of curiosity, which version of Unity was the built with?)

Reactions: Net-KILLER

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty cool. I may convert my game to Unity, just because doing sound manually right now in my game is going to be such a bear. Good to know that Loadiine will run a Unity compiled game. And before anyone chimes in that it takes a special version, I know, and I have it already. I have some other rpx compiled files that are non-Unity that I may test on Loadiine as well.

Reactions: VinsCool

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it theoretically possible to port over other Unity stuff when everything (code, models etc.) is accessible?

D

Deleted User

OP
Is it theoretically possible to port over other Unity stuff when everything (code, models etc.) is accessible?
Of course! ^^
You basically just have to upgrade the project to the version of Unity for Wii U you are using, configure the input settings so the controls work on the GamePad (map all button inputs to joystick 2, because joystick 2 is the GamePad), switch the project build mode to Wii U, and then simply compile the game, unpackaged, with the Wii U export plugin for Unity. :)
Also, make sure you build it as a Master build (whether it's a network build or not doesn't matter) as development builds don't work on retail consoles.

A little off-topic fact; this project actually started out as a normal PC project. But then over the years now, I am able to export it to numerous other devices such as the PS Vita, powerful mobile devices/tablets, and of course, the Wii U. (I was hoping to get a copy of Unity for 3DS for N3DS building, but unfortunately..... bad things happened to my 3DS. X_X (but hey, I got a full refund for it at least! :P))

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course! ^^
You basically just have to upgrade the project to the version of Unity for Wii U you are using, configure the input settings so the controls work on the GamePad (map all button inputs to joystick 2, because joystick 2 is the GamePad), switch the project build mode to Wii U, and then simply compile the game, unpackaged, with the Wii U export plugin for Unity. :)
Also, make sure you build it as a Master build (whether it's a network build or not doesn't matter) as development builds don't work on retail consoles.

A little off-topic fact; this project actually started out as a normal PC project. But then over the years now, I am able to export it to numerous other devices such as the PS Vita, powerful mobile devices/tablets, and of course, the Wii U. (I was hoping to get a copy of Unity for 3DS for N3DS building, but unfortunately..... bad things happened to my 3DS. X_X (but hey, I got a full refund for it at least! :P))
That's fucking epic and makes the Wii U even nicer.
Maybe I'll come back to you after some research. :)
Did you try to get something else to work beside your sticky dude already? :)

Edit: Compiling it for Wii U gives me what? A WUD? Or what?

D

Deleted User

OP
Did you try to get something else to work beside your sticky dude already? :)
I exported a Sonic fan game that I made just over half a year ago now, over to the Wii U. It's rather laggy though, because it uses a hard-coded fisheye shader that's applied to all of the level. :/
It's good, don't get me wrong, but I'm just saying that a PC is a lot better to use for that game than a Wii U! :P

Edit: Compiling it for Wii U gives me what? A WUD? Or what?
WUDs aren't official format.

Your build output options are:
  • Unpackaged (code/content/meta folders)
  • .WUMAD file (basically like a trimmed WUD for devs. ;))
  • Or an installable SD card image (basically those .app and .h3 files you download from NUS and what-not.) This installable image could possibly be installed using an IOSU exploit that patches signature checks just like the 3DS does. Who knows, really......

Reactions: lordelan
D

Deleted User

OP
there are some beta tester?
Yep; unfortunately all beta tester slots are booked. And I usually work alone as well...
But it depends on how I feel really. ~ I may get back to you if I think I need another tester.
I mean, we do practically have the same Wii Us... (European; 5.5.1E).

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep; unfortunately all beta tester slots are booked. And I usually work alone as well...
But it depends on how I feel really. ~ I may get back to you if I think I need another tester.
I'd test stuff as well. European 5.3.2 here. :)
Just as you like.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

irreversible? What do you mean by that?
You can (soft)code it again? Or am I wrong?

Reactions: Deleted User

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
yeah, but, we have different playtimes, nighttimes, ecc, ecc.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Do you ever plan on releasing/publishing some sort of method for others to develop Unity titles to run via Loadliine too? It'd be so cool to see some of my previously created projects run on a Wii U! (Just out of curiosity, which version of Unity was the built with?)
Unfortunately, you need a Unity plugin that's only available from Nintendo to be able to do this, as well as a license to be able to build.

@Voxel Studios Are you planning on making the source of this available sometime? I'd love to play around with it sometime.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Unfortunately, you need a Unity plugin that's only available from Nintendo to be able to do this, as well as a license to be able to build.

@Voxel Studios Are you planning on making the source of this available sometime? I'd love to play around with it sometime.
depends on source, if you mean assets and stuff like that, then i think he can, but he can't even provide the makefile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1