Homebrew [Preview] cpp3ds - Homebrew library and environment tutorial (for developers)

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahahahaha I compiled bannertool and I use it copying on the cpp3ds/bin directory. Now I get this:
Lol. The tools are latest build, literally built 20 hours ago using automated build script.

Could you show the output for "make VERBOSE=1"? You might have to put that on a pastebin if it's a lot. Then I can see exactly what commands are being run.

MOHRCORE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's an awesome project dude! I'm really looking forward into it. The homebrew is pointless when there are only few people who can make it. And this will finally let other more casual programmers like me create something for 3DS. I'm using SFML so I'm really excited about it. A complete 3ds homebrew IDE. Currently I don't have Linux (I used to have it earlier, now I'm running out of space on my hdd), so I'll wait for Windows version. :D

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i686, it's a netbook.
I think that's probably the issue. All the packaged build tools are x86_64.

The automated build script shows you how you can build them yourself: https://github.com/cpp3ds/cpp3ds/blob/travis-fix/.build-deps.sh#L28

You'll need in your PATH: makerom, bannertool, 3dsxtool, and nihstro-assemble

That script just puts them in $DEVKITARM/bin though you can put them in $CPP3DS/bin too if you want.
I also use a 32-bit netbook xD
If it built for you, then you must have already had makerom, bannertool, and nihstro in your PATH?

cere_ender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that's probably the issue. All the packaged build tools are x86_64.

The automated build script shows you how you can build them yourself: https://github.com/cpp3ds/cpp3ds/blob/travis-fix/.build-deps.sh#L28

You'll need in your PATH: makerom, bannertool, 3dsxtool, and nihstro-assemble

That script just puts them in $DEVKITARM/bin though you can put them in $CPP3DS/bin too if you want.

If it built for you, then you must have already had makerom, bannertool, and nihstro in your PATH?
That script doesn't works properly. I have lots of errors when it executes the makes of various of this programs. Doesn't matter... I'll try in my desktop, but it's more comfortable programming with a netbook/laptop when you aren't at home.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That script doesn't works properly. I have lots of errors when it executes the makes of various of this programs. Doesn't matter... I'll try in my desktop, but it's more comfortable programming with a netbook/laptop when you aren't at home.
I don't mean to run the script itself, just use the lines that clone and make things. The variables in the beginning of the script are meant for the build system. You just have to build those 4 tools to put in bin directory. This should work:

Code:
# Build latest makerom
git clone https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR.git
cd Project_CTR/makerom && make -j4 && cp makerom $CPP3DS/bin && cd -

# Build latest 3dsxtool
git clone https://github.com/devkitPro/3dstools.git
cd 3dstools && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make -j4 && cp 3dsxtool $CPP3DS/bin && cd -

# Build latest bannertool
git clone https://github.com/Steveice10/bannertool.git
cd bannertool && cmake . && make -j4 && cp bannertool $CPP3DS/bin && cd -

# Build nihstro
git clone https://github.com/neobrain/nihstro.git
cd nihstro && cmake . && make -j4 && cp nihstro-assemble $CPP3DS/bin && cd -

Last edited by TheCruel,

cere_ender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't mean to run the script itself, just use the lines that clone and make things. The variables in the beginning of the script are meant for the build system. You just have to build those 4 tools to put in bin directory. This should work:

Code:
# Build latest makerom
git clone https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR.git
cd Project_CTR/makerom && make -j4 && cp makerom $CPP3DS/bin && cd -

# Build latest 3dsxtool
git clone https://github.com/devkitPro/3dstools.git
cd 3dstools && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make -j4 && cp 3dsxtool $CPP3DS/bin && cd -

# Build latest bannertool
git clone https://github.com/Steveice10/bannertool.git
cd bannertool && cmake . && make -j4 && cp bannertool $CPP3DS/bin && cd -

# Build nihstro
git clone https://github.com/neobrain/nihstro.git
cd nihstro && cmake . && make -j4 && cp nihstro-assemble $CPP3DS/bin && cd -
that's what I did and for example, makerom doesn't work for me. Only I think 3dsxtool and bannertool had work. Now I have a 3dsx and a smdh, but I can't make Cia. And I get rare files with missunderstanding codification. Here screenshots.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla de 2015-10-08 20_13_11.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2015-10-08 20_13_11.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Captura de pantalla de 2015-10-08 20_13_36.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2015-10-08 20_13_36.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 223

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what I did and for example, makerom doesn't work for me. Only I think 3dsxtool and bannertool had work. Now I have a 3dsx and a smdh, but I can't make Cia. And I get rare files with missunderstanding codification. Here screenshots.
Hmm, so when you use make on cpp3ds-template, does it have errors anymore? Or it just succeeds with those weird files being made?

cere_ender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, so when you use make on cpp3ds-template, does it have errors anymore? Or it just succeeds with those weird files being made?
I don't know really well. Here goes the screenshots of the make.
P.S: the 3dsx works very well. I think the only thing I must do now is recompile the tools for the cias. Maybe the tools creates wrong stuff due it's compiling instructions.
Edit: this is what i get when compiling makerom (2nd image)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla de 2015-10-08 23_41_45.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2015-10-08 23_41_45.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Captura de pantalla de 2015-10-08 23_46_07.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2015-10-08 23_46_07.png
    28 KB · Views: 224
Last edited by cere_ender,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know really well. Here goes the screenshots of the make.
P.S: the 3dsx works very well. I think the only thing I must do now is recompile the tools for the cias. Maybe the tools creates wrong stuff due it's compiling instructions.
Edit: this is what i get when compiling makerom (2nd image)
In the Makefile in makerom directory, try removing all "-m64" flags (line 8 and 22), I think it's trying to build for 64-bit. Seems like an unneeded flag and I'm going to talk to author about it.

cere_ender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the Makefile in makerom directory, try removing all "-m64" flags (line 8 and 22), I think it's trying to build for 64-bit. Seems like an unneeded flag and I'm going to talk to author about it.
I did what you said and when I do make for makerom that's the output. Doesn't matter. 3dsx works fine. Don't worry.
PS. Open with a text editor like Sublime text or Notepad++

Attachments

• doc.txt
    10 KB · Views: 335
Last edited by cere_ender,

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I would like to try cpp3ds, but CMake despite how it advertises to be great for cross-platform is anything but that... I tried this on windows and there is no real way for me to make it work. It gives me errors that I have no clue on how to fix, I would have personally preferred a simple make (install) like sf2dlib, sfillib and sftdlib which all work on both linux and windows without issue. But as this does seem like a really good tool to make games I do really want to try it out, so I was wondering if you could help me fix the issues I'm having with cmake.
Cmake version: 3.5.1
Command used: cmake .. (in build dir)
Error log:
-- Building for: Visual Studio 14 2015
-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:4 (project):
No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:4 (project):
No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/cpp3ds-template-master/cpp3ds-template-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/cpp3ds-template-master/cpp3ds-template-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope this starts a new wave of 3ds games and ports!

(this does REALLY makes me want to try to start developing a little game, sf2d was great but i didn't want to start a big code base without the oop support)

Will try as soon as i get home

[EDIT]Didn't check the topic start date, never saw the topic and this project before. Well, thanks for the bump! XD

Last edited by Slashcash,

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope this starts a new wave of 3ds games and ports!

(this does REALLY makes me want to try to start developing a little game, sf2d was great but i didn't want to start a big code base without the oop support)

Will try as soon as i get home

[EDIT]Didn't check the topic start date, never saw the topic and this project before. Well, thanks for the bump! XD
You can use OOP with c++ with sf2d though..., But yeah this is a great framework.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.