Hardware Pressing the power button while in a Gamecube game restarts the Wii instead of powering down.

remaxx

7/11 was an inside job.
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to turn off my Wii while playing a Gamecube game, instead of powering down the Wii restarts. When I say restarts, I don't mean it restarts the game. I mean it restarts the Wii completely, going to Priiloader since that's what I have to to boot to at the moment.

I don't think this is suppose to happen. Any help/info is great appreciated. Thanks!

remaxx

7/11 was an inside job.
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold the power button instead.
For how long?
Yeah, the only way to get back to the Wii's menu is by turning your system off.
I'm not trying to get back to my Wii's menu. I'm trying to just turn off the Wii.
I think it's an issue with your Priiloader setup; IIRC there's an option for Shutdown to Priiloader, which you probably have enabled.
Thought that was the problem at first and I know for sure it's not. I checked the settings. Also, if I have Bootmii as boot2 set up it'll go to that instead.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For how long?

I'm not trying to get back to my Wii's menu. I'm trying to just turn off the Wii.

Well when you turn it back on, it'll take you to the menu. Unless you have bootMii; then you can pick between other options. I think Priiloader is one of those options (don't quote me on that.)

remaxx

7/11 was an inside job.
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when you turn it back on, it'll take you to the menu. Unless you have bootMii; then you can pick between other options. I think Priiloader is one of those options (don't quote me on that.)
What do you mean turn it back on? The problem isn't that I'm trying to go to the Wii menu dude. All I'm trying to do is turn off the Wii while playing a Gamecube game without having it restart.

The problem is that the Wii restarts (instead of turning off) every time I try to turn it off while playing a Gamecube game.

Until the button led turns red
Oh I see. You mean hold it for ~4 seconds until it force shuts down. That is an option but I'm really trying to fix it so whenever it's pressed it turns off, without having to be held down.

Unless holding the power button for ~4 seconds was the way you have to turn off the Wii when it has no hacks, there's something wrong with mine at the moment.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just plug in my messed-up Gamecube controller to reset my Wii. For some reason, it will completely turn off the system (no power lights at all). The only way to turn the system back on is by unplugging the power cable from the wall, then plugging it back in. It happens on any/all Wiis and Gamecubes I have plugged it into....

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you are using Dios Mios, set the option ''Padhook'' to ON

start the game, then press all that buttons at the same time on your GameCube controller:

R+Z+Start = to reset the Wii
or
R+Z+B+D-pad Down = to shutdown the wii

also, make sure Wiiconnect24 is disabled on your Wii

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean turn it back on? The problem isn't that I'm trying to go to the Wii menu dude. All I'm trying to do is turn off the Wii while playing a Gamecube game without having it restart.

The problem is that the Wii restarts (instead of turning off) every time I try to turn it off while playing a Gamecube game.

All right. Press the power button and it will give you a half orange/red light. Hold the power button down until you hear it power down. If when you hold the power button down and it doesn't turn off, then you've got some sort of setting that's preventing it from shutting off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup