OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I should have specified:
I have a mac, so the hax don't work for free premium etc.
I want to use it mostly for cube games, psp games, and a few wii games (only like 3, cause my mom also deleted my shit from blackcats that I had just dled and was seeding, so my ratio will be crap T_T) that were lost when my mom deleted my crap. Thats also why I can't do usenet, their retention is too low for a game like Cel Damage thats like 6 years old.

But yea, it sounds like I should just do RS for now, and try and get a windows for free MU later.
Thanks
biggrin.gif

And thank you linki ;D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will stand up and defend usenet on retention.

2 things chances are it will be there (your example is 85 days old not to mention the entire list for every console going gets posted every few months and if it got any sort of nod from any circle the chances are it has been upped again).
Couple this with the fact that 8 years ago downloading a gig was an awesome feat probably requiring some serious effort on the part of a couple of people, now I knock out 10 times that between my PC being turned on the morning and me figuring out what to do in the day.
As you mention "old" stuff searching rapidshare is nigh on impossible (I have looked at many of the RS indexing sites and have yet to find anything worth the effort) but usenet is no harder than using a regular search engine (it even comes built in with more than a few apps).

In the event it is not there you can certainly find something to do.

When something is on usenet it takes an almighty effort to get it off, reading comments on sites it seem RS stuff is lucky to last the day on some occasions.

Oh and looking at the rapidshare terms (download limits per week and the like) all but the worst usenet providers beat easily.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you know the right places you can find for example hundreds of links to download some things - those indexing sites are usually really crap and only done for the website owner's benefit. Things don't usually get removed very quickly, most of it expires from no downloads in 90 days (if it goes people reupload) and 50GB every 5 days isn't too bad and rapidshare is as simple as an easy http direct link..

Anyway, he was asking Rapidshare or Megaupload.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I never using indexing sites. Most of my sources are "private" forums where there's usually several people that will maintain their own links (eg. if links stop working, they'll re-upload them). They'll usually have a massive stickied topic with all their links.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
Samutz said:
Rehehelly said:
Samutz said:
So for RS, I found that DownThemAll for Firefox works decently for queuing multiple downloads. You still have to go to every download page and select DTA when its prompts for the download though. Pasting urls won't work.
RS does have it own download manger (check Tools section of their site), but I couldn't get it to install.

Need better technique.
If i'm downloading about 80 files from Rapid, or more, I copy all the links into a HTML file (the most basic of basic) and use a macro to add a to the links. Macro makes it fast, may seem like a hassle but that way, I load the page in Firefox, right click, dtaOneClick = all queued.

That is if you've got your settings on direct download.
I tried to do that, but the urls always downloaded the html file (the one containing the "Free or Premium?" speedometers).

Go into your premium settings and change to direct download. That way whenever you open a link to a file hosted on RS, it'll just open the download prompt, or if you use dta, it'll just download it
wink.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Rehehelly said:
Samutz said:
Rehehelly said:
Samutz said:
So for RS, I found that DownThemAll for Firefox works decently for queuing multiple downloads. You still have to go to every download page and select DTA when its prompts for the download though. Pasting urls won't work.
RS does have it own download manger (check Tools section of their site), but I couldn't get it to install.

Need better technique.
If i'm downloading about 80 files from Rapid, or more, I copy all the links into a HTML file (the most basic of basic) and use a macro to add a to the links. Macro makes it fast, may seem like a hassle but that way, I load the page in Firefox, right click, dtaOneClick = all queued.

That is if you've got your settings on direct download.
I tried to do that, but the urls always downloaded the html file (the one containing the "Free or Premium?" speedometers).

Go into your premium settings and change to direct download. That way whenever you open a link to a file hosted on RS, it'll just open the download prompt, or if you use dta, it'll just download it
wink.gif
Cool. Thanks for the tip.

I never knew they had the "alias" option either. I was getting sick of having to look up my login number from my email whenever I needed it.

Edit: To build on this. Instead of doing your macro thing, you can goto http://rapidshare.com/checkfiles.html, paste the list of urls, hit check URLs, then it'll make the html links for you. Just use DTA and filter for Archives only (or whatever file type your downloading).

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sinkhead said:
MC DUI said:
jalaneme said:
none, get a usenet account

This all day, you would never go back to MU or RS once you've tried usenet.

Try giganews.
This. Usenet it awesome, if you've not tried it, try it out on my sig. You can get a few GB of quota for a few dollars and you can use the free trial of NewsLeecher!

Do it!
+1

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for going offtopic but I didn't want to make a topic that felt like it was going to run in the same vein as this. I use Rapidshare to upload some files and after a year I finally collect enough points to finally get a premium account. It says that I can transfer my files from my collector zone to my premium zone but what I want to know is that what will happen after the 30 days is up? Will the files go back to normal collector zone status or will it be deleted along with the premium account?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH