Hacking [Pre-release, WIP] Yet another rxTools?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Im right now still at 4.5 and i solved mset. Using 3.0 beta 02 with 99.9% bootrate, honestly a9hl is difficult for me. I have latest emunand and games are working. What do i want more?

the same here,RXtools + 4.5 system firmware + Emunand updated to latest firmware 11.0.0-33 = still works fine for me

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can I ask, why is it that everyone goes apeshit hype because of rx? Like..rx was good at one point when there weren't many alternatives, but why the hype now? No A9LH support, and doesn't really offer anything different other than the menu?
Just asking :)
Rx got everything you need, region free, playing games, latest emunand, did i miss something?
Booting cfw directly when you open 3ds is cool but it also takes 20 seconds to go into profile.
I'll install luma 1 day, not today because of messing something (a9hl)

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Rx got everything you need, region free, playing games, latest emunand, did i miss something?
Booting cfw directly when you open 3ds is cool but it also takes 20 seconds to go into profile.
I'll install luma 1 day, not today because of messing something (a9hl)
Luma does all that. ReiNand does all that. Everything does all that these days. Also..profile? You talking MSET shit?
Also, if you're doing A9LH...then you will be using Luma...or Corbenik...use something that locks your FIRM anyway.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
A bit busy at work right now, next step finish app injection so it would be fully functional refactored original version.
All the
- Autobooting emuNAND
- Autobooting SysNAND
- Pressing hot-key booting emuNAND
directs to RX-S on BJ Preview 4.
Manually booting is OK though.

Moving this bug to issue.

Last edited by MelonGx,

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
All the Moving this bug to issue.
Could not reproduce that, with my configuration it is working :(

P.S. development stalled a bit, have several more deeds to do, but hope to return Soon(TM) ;)
Anyway adding CFW features requires ARM skills which I currently don't have and honestly not going to have in a mean time just because I'm too lazy/busy to reinvent (or reverse) something that have already been made at least thrice.

Reactions: Madridi

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I saw the code and compared with a9lh branch from Team Pasta and looks like is not that hard to give a9lh support, I will give a try.
It's not terribly difficult to get it booting, but it's much more difficult to get it working properly. The a9lh branch from the official repo doesn't support encryption properly, among other things.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

shawn_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I saw the code and compared with a9lh branch from Team Pasta and looks like is not that hard to give a9lh support, I will give a try.
I will be looking forward to seeing the end result of this endeavor! Thanks for attempting to bring life back to this :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's not terribly difficult to get it booting, but it's much more difficult to get it working properly. The a9lh branch from the official repo doesn't support encryption properly, among other things.
I know, but is better than nothing, I used to be an rxTools lover and I want to see it with a least firm protection [emoji14]

Reactions: shawn_

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, looks like I did it with a9lh support, I will test it and share the build if it boots...

Edit: Something went wrong, I will try to figure out what is it...
74fdfd6abbc29d32c812040e59a420b2.jpg

Edit 2: Well, looks like I fixed the offset which makes the red screen, but still doesn't boot... Any ideas?
3760b5e8f1ed8de43d8a0ad4aea1ee61.jpg

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, looks like I made it bringin a9lh for rxtools 3.0 beta2, tools are working fine but looks like rxmode is broken, I don't know what is causing that horrible red screen with dukesrg's code, but if I cannot get it working properly I will make a pseudo-rxtools from the stratch.
Sorry dudes (rxtools's code is a pain and outdated as hell).

Reactions: shawn_

shawn_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, looks like I made it bringin a9lh for rxtools 3.0 beta2, tools are working fine but looks like rxmode is broken, I don't know what is causing that horrible red screen with dukesrg's code, but if I cannot get it working properly I will make a pseudo-rxtools from the stratch.
Sorry dudes (rxtools's code is a pain and outdated as hell).
I look forward to seeing what you can offer! I started with rxtools, went to Luma, then got rid of luma for cornenik cfw. I would love dual firmware rxtools and corbenik :-) thanks for the effort being put into this [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I found something interesting about red screen on dukesrg's rxTools.
If you try to access rxTools on boot, it will crash into red screen, but if you try to access rxTools on REBOOT, it will boot just as it should (perhaps a bad setup on "stub.ld"?).

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I found something interesting about red screen on dukesrg's rxTools.
If you try to access rxTools on boot, it will crash into red screen, but if you try to access rxTools on REBOOT, it will boot just as it should (perhaps a bad setup on "stub.ld"?).
If I recall correctly, it's because the keys aren't initialized when you run it from a9lh as FIRM hasn't launched yet. If you run it from menuhax, FIRM has already initialized the keys, and if you MCU reboot it, the keys will stay initialized from the previous boot.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte