Pre-Ordered 'NEW' 3DS XL SNES Ltd Edition, To Hack or Not to Hack? that is the question.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Hi-Dro, Sep 14, 2017.

1. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well, i will let you know once I have the device in my hands, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of other people reporting on that unit, whether it's IPS, works with ntrboot and so on, but I'm pretty sure it's hackable just like the others. Really doubt they're pumping out new hw revisions this late. What percentage of 3ds users can they reach at this stage with a new hw revision, 0,001%? And out of that, how many people hack... I don't think that's too likely they put resources into defending against homebrew, that battle is lost.

2. Shroomalistic

Shroomalistic Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    I went ahead and pre ordered mine off ebay. Should I region change it or not? I guess it wont matter once I install Luma right, is there anything that will make it different from a NTSC/U 3ds?

3. starburst

starburst Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    I pre-ordered mine yesterday from Amazon UK and I should get it in about two weeks.
    I will definitely install B9S and Luma3DS on it for it will replace my current device. Hopefully, at least the top screen will be IPS. We will see.

4. Potato Paste

Potato Paste Advanced Member

Jul 28, 2014
    United States
    Always hack!

5. Hi-Dro
    OP

Hi-Dro GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2016
    Both arrived today, both are on 11.4 and
    I'm afraid both are non IPS screens both top and bottom.

The shell looks great though I wonder if its worth swapping out my IPS screen from my metalic blue xl? does anyone know how hard that is if possible ofc?

thaikhoa likes this.
  6. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for the heads up, Amazon f*ed up my order so I have to wait until tomorrow, but oh well. I have a ntrboot card ready and will b9s that thing right away
    Bummer on the non IPS situation, but it was likely to happen.
    Still, the design is just too awesome. I needed this in my life.

7. Dante2405

Dante2405 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    Erf! So disapointed. I really don't understand what logic is behind the screen choice.

Is your metallic blue a New3ds? You could just swap the shell.

8. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I conclude with

To hack!

[​IMG]

Fluchritter3DS and Dante2405 like this.
  9. jellybeangreen2

jellybeangreen2 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2015
    Anyone one else received one who can confirm what firmware it comes with. I’ve just ordered one for delivery tomorrow!

10. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    11.4 so you need ntrboot or dsiware

11. RY0M43CH1Z3N

RY0M43CH1Z3N GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2017
    Spain
    Caos
    Or Hardmod

12. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well... yeah, of course. But I think the other options are way less of a struggle, especially if you spend the few bucks on a ntrboot capable flashcard. I had an old Ak2i flying around anyway and it worked fine.