Hardware Pre-Ordered 'NEW' 3DS XL SNES Ltd Edition, To Hack or Not to Hack? that is the question.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, i will let you know once I have the device in my hands, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of other people reporting on that unit, whether it's IPS, works with ntrboot and so on, but I'm pretty sure it's hackable just like the others. Really doubt they're pumping out new hw revisions this late. What percentage of 3ds users can they reach at this stage with a new hw revision, 0,001%? And out of that, how many people hack... I don't think that's too likely they put resources into defending against homebrew, that battle is lost.

Shroomalistic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and pre ordered mine off ebay. Should I region change it or not? I guess it wont matter once I install Luma right, is there anything that will make it different from a NTSC/U 3ds?

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I pre-ordered mine yesterday from Amazon UK and I should get it in about two weeks.
I will definitely install B9S and Luma3DS on it for it will replace my current device. Hopefully, at least the top screen will be IPS. We will see.

Hi-Dro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Both arrived today, both are on 11.4 and
When you get it, can you tell us if screens are IPS? Please.
I'm afraid both are non IPS screens both top and bottom.

The shell looks great though I wonder if its worth swapping out my IPS screen from my metalic blue xl? does anyone know how hard that is if possible ofc?

Reactions: thaikhoa

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the heads up, Amazon f*ed up my order so I have to wait until tomorrow, but oh well. I have a ntrboot card ready and will b9s that thing right away
Bummer on the non IPS situation, but it was likely to happen.
Still, the design is just too awesome. I needed this in my life.

Dante2405

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Erf! So disapointed. I really don't understand what logic is behind the screen choice.

Is your metallic blue a New3ds? You could just swap the shell.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I conclude with

To hack!

img-20171014-wa0002vbsd9.jpeg

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When you get it, can you tell us if screens are IPS? Please.
I got mine last Thursday. It is my second N3DS, but I do not have much experience with console. I think that the top screen is IPS and the second one is TN, because there is a huge difference between both screens. My other N3DS, a "normal" one bought around May, has the same display combination: IPS top screen and TN bottom one.

I really like the console and prefer its matte finish over the glossy one of my other console. It looks better and feels more comfortable, less "sloppy".
I used a r4ids.cn flashcard to install B9S and Luma on it on the very first day.

For American users, Amazon just announced the SNES version of the 3DS XL:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KRDRQG

Shroomalistic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got mine, dual TN....so sad but its still awesome. I installed bs9 and region changed it just to for the hell of it. Now I have a US version. Ive always like look of the Euro/Jap version of the snes better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: