Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lzr00dh.png

As it says on the tin, starting with Super Smash Bros For Wii U, you will be able to download games bought on the Wii U and 3DS eShop before launch date to enjoy without hassle on launch date.​
Catching up slowly Ninty, catching up...​

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo doesn't conform to certain standards, people complain
Nintendo finally gives in and conforms, people complain.
People are implacable.
People aren't complaining about the fact that Nintendo's finally catching up - they're complaining that it took them so long to notice an obvious industry trend adapted by pretty much all online distribution services at this point.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is that a google translated news entry? Things like "we have been various efforts" don't strike me as an official message. :unsure:

In a way, that might explain the cool reaction it gets. It comes across as if they've just invented the wheel while everyone else is already driving automobiles.

How old is the technique to preload, by the way? I certainly admit it's nothing new, but I only heard about it this year (due note that I never preorder and rarely buy games on launch day). So my impression is that nintendo is at least catching up with trends faster than they used to, but I could be totally wrong on that.

Reactions: matpower

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
xbox one just implemented preloading and the vita doesnt even 'really' have preloading, so that's nice coming from nintendo. but all i want is a real account system ffs.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice, now they just need to sort their account system out.

On a related note, does anyone else get relatively terrible speeds from Nintendo's severs? Even using the lan adpater, most I've seen from speedtest sites is 20Mbps give or take, which seems to line up more or less with the speed from the eshop (based on size/time to download).

Steam and PSN max my connection (70Mbps), using exact same setup. So if it isn't just me and they are bad for everyone, then fixing them would be nice as well.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has poor online experience compare to others. They really need to pay more attention to its online operation.

I wonder if this year holiday season will be like the last time, where server literally crashed for a few days because it couldn't handle increased traffic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality