PPSSPP 1.4 version is out!

ppsspp.png
Yet another update to the outstanding PSP emulator for Windows and Android.
This time, like many previous updates we're getting performance boosts and couple of changes in how the Audio is being emulated.
One of the main changes in 1.4 is an update to the DX11 backend. Devs are saying that the performance with it is better than DX9 and OpenGL on most hardware.
Full changelog on what's been updated can be found down below:
Code:
Support D3D11 (performs better than OpenGL or D3D9 on most hardware)
Audio quality improvement (linear interpolation) (#8950)
Hardware spline/bezier tesselation in OpenGL, D3D11 and Vulkan (...)
Post-processing shaders in D3D11
Prescale UV setting removed, now the default (improves perf) (#9176)
High DPI display fixes
Various fixes for UMD switching for multi-UMD games (#9245, #9256)
New audio setting to improve compatibility with Bluetooth headsets
Various desktop gamepad compatibility fixes
Workaround for mipmap issue, fixing fonts in Tactics Ogre Japanese
Assorted minor compatibility fixes, code cleanup and performance improvements

You can download the latest PPSSPP on their official site ppsspp.org or by clicking here.​

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how PPSSPP on RetroPie can play Tekken 6... Sure, it has a metric ton of stuttering, but fuck, man. It's a damn good emulator. Can't wait to try 1.4!

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best psp emulator getting even better? Count me in. Bought PPSSPP gold a while back after learning of it's amazing features (does really nothing special aside from supporting the creator).

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there significant improvements to speed in the Android version? Because it was pretty laggy with some games, and I don't think Android supports DirectX of any kind, let alone DX11.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
This an Dolphin are possibly the greatest emulators in existence due to the developers having so much experience with the systems themselves. CEMU is becoming a close contender as well. Though this does make me wonder why original XBOX emulation is hardly a thing after so many years. Is it due to lack of interest because the game library itself honestly isn't that special?

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how will ppsspp hold up on an i5-760 OC to 3.8GHz with a Sapphire 5770? Is there noticeable issues running this on raspberry pi?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can give me your specs, version used and what's happening (with a log maybe?) i could report it for you if you want.
My specs? Is this!
nvidia-shiled-android-tv.jpg

As for what's wrong, is kinda hard to explain. I can only suggest playing Hitman reborn to actually understand it. Is a 2D fighting game basically, when the character is standing on the right side of the screen (facing the player on the left) all control inputs are reversed including the animations, this also allow for cheap infinite combos and the CPU player cannot fight properly.

Reactions: cvskid and KiiWii

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A computer with an actual graphics card from 2009 or later.
Does PPSSPP use your graphics card? It hits the CPU very hard in challenging situations. If you just want to play in x1 (480 x 272) you should be able to manage it no problem even on a 2009 system.
Ys Seven runs 30 FPS on a PSP, and it will run fine 30 FPS at 1080p on my system, but 60 FPS (with special 60 fps patch) will frameskip a lot unless I reduce resolution some.

This project is open source and has been for a long time.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does PPSSPP use your graphics card? It hits the CPU very hard in challenging situations. If you just want to play in x1 (480 x 272) you should be able to manage it no problem even on a 2009 system.
Ys Seven runs 30 FPS on a PSP, and it will run fine 30 FPS at 1080p on my system, but 60 FPS (with special 60 fps patch) will frameskip a lot unless I reduce resolution some.

This project is open source and has been for a long time.

PPSSPP is an emulator, and like all emulators, it relies heavily on the CPU more than anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup