Gaming [PPOTW] Do you think the Xbox One launch was good?

Do you think the Xbox One launch was good?

• Yes

Votes: 92 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 212 65.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 20 6.2%

• Total voters

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
xboxone1.jpg

So this week Xbox One launched in 13 regions. What did you think of the launch? Could it have been better? Did YOU pick a console up?
Let us know in the comments!

If you missed the launch show you can check it out here:

If you have an idea for a poll you would like to see on the portal just send me a PM with PPOTW in the title and your questions and answers for the poll.

quinterrya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was a good launch.
PS4 launched a week early and now sold out.
Xbox One launched and sold well worldwide. If PS4 released worldwide, then maybe not.
Also, because of the shortage, PS4 lovers are switching to Xbone because of it.

So for now, the answer is yes.
Good job to both consoles.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said with the PS4's launch, it's way too early to pass definitive judgement either way. I think we're going to need more distance, and that's just going to take time. By then, we'll have a clearer picture of how the consoles performed overall, how significant the hardware problems are, and where the consoles are headed.

That being said, the most worrying thing about the Xbox One's launch, for me, at least, is that the Kinect doesn't work. It's of the main selling points, the new and improved model, and it's still absolutely useless.

Was it really worth the extra $100, Microsoft?

Reactions: f0rCe

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was only marginally more aware of the Xbone launch than the PS4 one, which is to say I was aware of it.

That said other than Microsoft's online side of things being knocked out and shaky for a while I think Duo8 had it at "no big failures/embarrassments = successful launch".

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna go with no; a million copies in 13 countries? Versus a million in 2 countries in the same amount of time? How many units of the Wii U were sold in 24 hours? Funny how no one talks about that; they just talk about Sony and Microsoft. But I do believe that Nintendo's launch was more successful than Microsoft's, even considering all the hate Nintendo gets. BTW, here's another reason to hate Game Informer: nearly all the users on their website are Microsoft fans. Pretty sad.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna go with no; a million copies in 13 countries? Versus a million in 2 countries in the same amount of time? How many units of the Wii U were sold in 24 hours? Funny how no one talks about that; they just talk about Sony and Microsoft. But I do believe that Nintendo's launch was more successful than Microsoft's, even considering all the hate Nintendo gets.

Just about 400,000 Wii U's.

Also, it's important to remember that sales of the consoles aren't going to be split evenly among all the countries. While we don't have the official breakdown, as far as I'm aware, I guarantee you that the Xbox One sold the vast majority of its consoles in the US. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox One sold 400,000-600,000 units (or more) here. The US is its main market, after all.

Just keep that in mind when arguing who sold more where.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just about 400,000 Wii U's.

Also, it's important to remember that sales of the consoles aren't going to be split evenly among all the countries. While we don't have the official breakdown, as far as I'm aware, I guarantee you that the Xbox One sold the vast majority of its consoles in the US. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox One sold 400,000-600,000 units (or more) here. The US is its main market, after all.

Just keep that in mind when arguing who sold more where.

Yeah, but that's pretty traditional: Microsoft sells more consoles in the U.S. and Sony/Nintendo sell more in Japan and around the world. Plus 600,000 - 400,000 copies spread around 12 countries. That's anywhere from 33,000 to 50,000 sold in each country. Just an example; these figures probably won't be literal.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killer Instinct alone blows away PS4. However I'm reading that PS4 has faster memory and I forgot but maybe some other better components. When all the hype goes down and the dust settles I'll see which system I want to buy if any.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm gonna go with no; a million copies in 13 countries? Versus a million in 2 countries in the same amount of time? How many units of the Wii U were sold in 24 hours? Funny how no one talks about that; they just talk about Sony and Microsoft. But I do believe that Nintendo's launch was more successful than Microsoft's, even considering all the hate Nintendo gets. BTW, here's another reason to hate Game Informer: nearly all the users on their website are Microsoft fans. Pretty sad.

Majority of this site is fanatic about Nintendo.
I'd say Microsoft gets the most hate from GBAtemp.

Never the less.
1 million sold consoles is 1 million sold consoles.
Remember, their both companies and all they care about is business and profit.

Reactions: jagerstaffel

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Also, because of the shortage, PS4 lovers are switching to Xbone because of it.

This sounds insane. Area people really that dumb that if they can't have their playstation right away they would switch to totally differend and more expensive model from competitor? If yes then people really are freaking insane >_>

Neither of consoles are available here yet but what I've read both launches seemed to go pretty smoothly. Just hoping Wii U could get some love too ;_;

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This sounds insane. Area people really that dumb that if they can't have their playstation right away they would switch to totally differend and more expensive model from competitor? If yes then people really are freaking insane >_>

The hardware is quite similar and the previous go around saw both get pretty much the same games. Are they truly "totally different"?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't think either launch was that good. Both have their share of launch problems... and neither side has even attempted to acknowledge the problem that is a complete lack of BC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1