[PPOTW #34] Are you picking up Destiny this week?

Are you picking up Destiny this week?

• Yes on PS3

Votes: 38 4.1%
  • Yes on PS4

Votes: 81 8.7%
  • Yes on X360

Votes: 24 2.6%
  • Yes on XOne

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 612 65.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 56 6.0%
  • I'm waiting for a PC version

Votes: 172 18.5%

• Total voters

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Reactions: TripleSMoon

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got Destiny but ummm...
Anyway to install this in standby on PS4? I wanna get some sleep but don't wanna leave my console on all night.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I brought it yesterday and returned it today. Its a crap game. Not interested in it at all.
It does look good but the gameplay sucks. Its all online only. On the PS4 there is no savegame on your console its all online. it refuses to load unless your online and have the latest patch installed.
And the big one for me is music is TOO LOUD! I ALWAYS have music turned off when I play games, thats the very first thing I do, goto settings and turn music to 0.
With Destiny when you are walking around its ok but when there is a fight its so loud all i hear is music and gunshots. I prefer to hear footsteps so I can hear where the enemy is but the music is so loud and there is no option to change the volume its just way to loud.

So, my review. Music is too loud ruining all audio, gameplay just sucks, graphics does look good but doesn't matter as the music and gameplay ruins it completely. 1/10. that 1 is for graphics, If I could drop the music to 0 then I would give it 5/10 as the gameplay still sucks it doesn't deserve anymore than 5 and thats being generous.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:blink:

Okay, that's $500 million in revenue (for a moment I thought it was the amount of units sold), but that's still a whopping 8.33 million sold units.

And in a continued amazingy-thingy: that's also the amount of money spent on making and marketing the game. So they're just breaking even right now.

$500 million was laid out for the franchise, not just one game. So far they're breaking even on the goddamn franchise with one game.

And the big one for me is music is TOO LOUD! I ALWAYS have music turned off when I play games, thats the very first thing I do, goto settings and turn music to 0.
With Destiny when you are walking around its ok but when there is a fight its so loud all i hear is music and gunshots. I prefer to hear footsteps so I can hear where the enemy is but the music is so loud and there is no option to change the volume its just way to loud.

Who the fuck plays a game with the music off? I mean if it's a game you put hundreds of hours into and got sick of the soundtrack and just want to play your own music that's fine, but turning off the soundtrack immediately? Why?

Also turn the volume down on your TV I mean holy shit it's not rocket science.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
$500 million was laid out for the franchise, not just one game. So far they're breaking even on the goddamn franchise with one game.

But it's a new IP, so the entire franchise is one game. Okay, perhaps bungee has stocked up on se- and prequels before releasing this game (I call "Destiny: afterlife" "Predestiny" and "Final destiny" on the titles, by the way :P ), but I kind of doubt it. So aside of the cost of the game and marketing...what else is there that costs that much that I'm not thinking of? :unsure:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it's a new IP, so the entire franchise is one game. Okay, perhaps bungee has stocked up on se- and prequels before releasing this game (I call "Destiny: afterlife" "Predestiny" and "Final destiny" on the titles, by the way :P ), but I kind of doubt it. So aside of the cost of the game and marketing...what else is there that costs that much that I'm not thinking of? :unsure:

Setting money aside for future sequels and prequels? Bungie created one if, not the largest, new IP of the 2000s. They knew that when they made a new game, it would be A) successful and B) get sequels. It was planned to be a franchise from the outset.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Got Destiny but ummm...
Anyway to install this in standby on PS4? I wanna get some sleep but don't wanna leave my console on all night.

The PS4 will go into auto-standby after some amount of time, I believe you can set it in the settings. But I assume that doesn't matter at this point >.> Lol

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
It has been getting a lot of hate since launch but I guess that is to be expected with any big game. What really bugs me about the hate though is that its not like Bunjie deceived anyone about what Destiny would be, its pretty much exactly what they have been showing in preview videos for ages and we all even gt access to the beta to try it out. Personally I am having a ton of fun with Destiny on the ps4 right now so fuck the haters, go have fun with SSB and stop pretending that you ever intended to buy the game in the first place.

I brought it yesterday and returned it today. Its a crap game. Not interested in it at all.
It does look good but the gameplay sucks. Its all online only. On the PS4 there is no savegame on your console its all online. it refuses to load unless your online and have the latest patch installed.

Um did you even have any concept of what you where buying? Everyone knew Destiny was an online only mmo lite fps, honestly this post makes you look a bit foolish no offense lol.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Gonna have to agree with p1ng. I see a lot of people bitching that they hit the max level (which, oddly enough, isn't even the "last" leveling you can do) and then just claim to have nothing to do because "story ended :cry:" and shit like that. Even saw a complaint that the game was exactly like the beta...which is the dumbest fucking complaint I've ever heard.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost done leveling my warlock to 20, then I gotta push the limits from there. I wanna create all 3 characters though, I'm having such a blast.
Seriously hope the first DLC adds more character classes.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't interest me, but I don't think it looks objectively bad by any means (besides being a shooter on a console). Unfortunately there will always be extremists and people that are very black and white about things. Luckily, they're generally just a very loud minority. I hope those that do enjoy it continue to do so. I'm also glad to see Bungie making it on their own, it's always a shame to see any business struggle and fail, leaving many people without jobs. I do find overhype annoying, but I also find the anti-hype annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended