Gaming [PPOTW #30] Is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes worth the asking price?

Is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes worth the asking price?

• Yes

Votes: 57 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 257 75.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 27 7.9%

• Total voters

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
It's too bad because I like Kojima. I am not him though. I am Joakim Mogren.

I thought it'd be like 9 hours though. If I knew buying the first would discount the price of MGSV it would soften the blow and give me some piece of mind but I haven't seen evidence of such a thing.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you be buying the latest Metal Gear on release day or wait for a price drop? Do you think it is worth the asking price?
Is it our own fault as gamers for paying for on-disc DLC and in-app-purchases that has ultimately lead to this?
No, because it will probably show up on one of my private trackers weeks before its official release date.

Something to keep in mind here, is that all of the MGS games are very short depending on your game play style.

If you cut out all the cut scenes and rushed through the game, you can beat most of them in a few hours. I wont be buying the game for that price, because I don't have any of the systems it's on. (Besides, it might come out on PC eventually, seeing that MGS Raising did.)

Who knows how long it truly is until it's released. I'd wait to criticize something until there's a general consensus as opposed to a few opinions.

It's supposed to be like Far Cry 3 though and be open world with minimal cutscenes.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't understand the complaints then...

If it's open world and the campaign is short, so what? Go do all the other stuff.
The concern is that the "other stuff" is the hour and fifty-five minutes of the two hour total time. Someone supposedly beat the story mission in 5 minutes.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
The concern is that the "other stuff" is the hour and fifty-five minutes of the two hour total time. Someone supposedly beat the story mission in 5 minutes.

In five minutes? This sounds pretty BS to me. Did these people get a hold of the demo and think it was the full game or something? I really don't believe this.

Arschkrampi

The Purple Avenger
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reminds me a bit of the GT5 Prologue stunt they pulled in 2007.
At least you had quite a bit replayablity from a racing game.

JM1321

JME1321
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
All the people Saying that The Campaign Is beaten Around 5 Minutes i Call BS (Not even if you skip all the cut scenes and rush like your life depended on it). As far as the two hour campaign i think it's worth considering there will be the optional stuff. And if the mother base Progression is anywhere near PeaceWalker Style Then People Can/Will Probably Spend Hours Maxing Mother Base alone, let aside completing the optional stuff and the main Story.
(BTW I am also A hardcore MGS Fan so this Opinion Is obviously biased a bit but i believe/hope i Make good points)

BTW - Will the missions have a rank system like they had in PeaceWalker or No?

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country

So his week poll asks; Is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes worth the asking price?
Obviously without playing it it is hard to make the call, but on a content vs price level, can we ever justify £/$40 for a couple of hours?

Supporters of the model have cited Gone Home and The Walking Dead as examples of similar practices, but Gone Home was £/$15 at launch and The Walking Dead is about £/$5 an episode, with the full season being £/$40 for 12+ hours of content.

Will you be buying the latest Metal Gear on release day or wait for a price drop? Do you think it is worth the asking price?
Is it our own fault as gamers for paying for on-disc DLC and in-app-purchases that has ultimately lead to this?

If you have an idea for a poll you would like to see on the portal just send me a PM with PPOTW in the title and your questions and answers for the poll.

Read something quite interesting today on a Swedish gaming site, though it's probably been reported on tons of other sites by now. I'll translate it: "Previous reports of Ground Zeroes being about 2 hours is correct, although with a slight modification. Many sources have confirmed that it took about 90 minutes to complete the story, but that part only contributed to 9% of the total game completion percentage"

BTW - Will the missions have a rank system like they had in PeaceWalker or No?

Yes, they will.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The plot thickens.

T711zE8.jpg

5RLs9I9.png

v7ZVqGx.png

4ZfQ7vB.png

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
This video was great at explaining the current situation. I think most people will be pleased with the information found here! Ground Zeroes doesn't seem to be a "short demo" after all!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, this topic has more bumps than the old Cosplay Thread, if you know what I am saying.

Anyway, good news, everyone!

Konami has made the next-gen versions of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes cheaper.

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions have been reduced from £39.99 to £29.99, bringing them in line with the price of the digital versions, as well as the retail pricing for the physical editions for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The digital versions of the game for the PS3 and Xbox 360 remain at £19.99.
:arrow:Eurogamer

JM1321

JME1321
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Metal gear solid it's dead long time ago beside snake is not dead yet too :wtf:
You Don't Know How many MGS Fans you just Caused Mass Anger Too Cause Of That Comment XD. MGS is not Dead By any means And the Day Kojima Says MGS series is Closed is the day I Will Go into Full Lockdown Playing All The MGS Games Starting From Metal Gear 1. I Know That Many Disagree But MGS is by Far My Favourite Games in all Existence. For MGS to die is my Whole Childhood Gone.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be completely honest I'll just buy a gameshare off of someone to play it and leave it. It's definitely worth the $3 I'll be paying for it. :)

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's Metal Gear. f%$^k yeah it's worth it's weight in gold. At $30 it's a steal in comparison to the other crap games out there you'll be paying $60 for. Bought it day one, took my time, enjoyed, found tons (but perhaps not all) the little hidden weapons and gear, had about 5-6 hours of an amazing time with this stellar but "short" game.

That was just with the main mission.
I haven't even tried the other 6 or so side-ops yet.
Hell, I didn't even do everything in the main op as I keep seeing videos where they are doing something new in almost every one of them that I did not do!
The "length" of the main mission is irrelevant in my opinion as there is so much to do between here and there that to skip it all and call it a day in 1-2 hours is the YOUR decision.

Think of it like this...
You have the day off from work.
It is a very beautiful day outside.
The sun is shining, there is a nice, cool breeze, birds are chirping, "Oh wow, it's so nice out! I think I will go for a walk!" you exclaim.
But, your friends want you to go do their stuff with them later today. (that could actually wait 'cause you come first y'know)

You step out for your little walk on said beautiful day.
You have ALL day to enjoy your walk if you choose to.
There is no rush at all, despite what others WANT to influence you to think. (Think for yourself!)

You decide to walk for 10 minutes.
You enjoyed your walk, but what did you miss out on if you had decided to extend it and enjoy the adventure outside further?
Perhaps you could have made a new friend, discovered a great new place to eat, maybe even met the love of your LIFE!
Who knows?

But YOU, decided to sell yourself short, limit your ability to experience and enjoy all you could have, instead of worrying about HOW LONG it would be...

Food for thought...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more