Hacking Powersaves 3DS

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel cheating is ok, as long as it is single player based and doesn't affect another persons play experience. I know it is a fine line, but wouldn't nintendo have filed a cease and desist or something like that? Action Replay has been around since old computers even on DS when even that system had online features as well.

kakashihatake9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i just wanted to chip in some info: I bought the Powersaves 3DS from amazon UK last week, when i used it it gave me an error stating my region was not supported since i have a USA 3DS and games i bought when i was abroad a few years ago.
So, I e-mailed codejunkies support and asked them to remedy the problem, they automatically switched my UK/EU region license to a USA one. The device works pretty great, i see the codes modify variables in your save file like giving Link full hearts in Zelda etc. the codes and saves are a bit barebones for some games like Resident Evil so hopefully they will get more soon enough.

Did you email UK support or USA support? if you could explain xD I just got mine in today and need to know which datel to email for the USA key :D. Also, I can confirm pokemon x/y do not work with the save manager. It does not show up when you plug it in.

Plainscript

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I feel cheating is ok, as long as it is single player based and doesn't affect another persons play experience. I know it is a fine line, but wouldn't nintendo have filed a cease and desist or something like that? Action Replay has been around since old computers even on DS when even that system had online features as well.

Don't care about cheating.

Only thing I know and really hope for is true Temp-support. Datel products have proven theirselves to get a whole lot more functionality than originally planned. Xbox Classic/Action Replay anyone?! :)

Plainscript

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Should've gone with hackersupport or homebrew-support I guess..

I just hope people will buy it to fiddle around and help support homebrew. Screw cheating. :)

Reactions: Skeet1983

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get something: If saves are on the system's SD card, then how does Powersaves work? The device reads/writes data off the game card. I tried it with all of my games, except of course for Animal Crossing and Pokemon since those use NAND based saves. Who knows, maybe Datel will find a way to access NAND saves, I doubt they would release this knowing it may only work with older games... Thoughts on this?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What do you mean? Sorry, kinda new to this stuff :P
OK, I think I got what's your confusion. First of all, Pokemon does not use a NAND memory, but it must have some kind of protection. Cartridges have their own rewritable memory, only the Gateway 3DS uses the SD Card for save files storage and also 3DS eShop games.

Jon Snow

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you email UK support or USA support? if you could explain xD I just got mine in today and need to know which datel to email for the USA key :D. Also, I can confirm pokemon x/y do not work with the save manager. It does not show up when you plug it in.

[email protected] is their UK and main one i think, since they have been based in the UK since they started out, just explain you need to have your license region changed, also it will help to start up the device and software and input an e-mail and your license key that comes on the little instruction booklet in the package first, then include those in your e-mail to support so they can verify you own the device :)

All retail carts have their saves on the cartridges themselves, so until there is an SD card hack for 3DS you won't be able to modify any downloaded games. In the case of pokemon, if they can access the saves you will probably only be able to generate pokemon encounters in the wild and if they are done incorrectly they will not pass the nintendo online checks, they are pretty strict with X & Y now.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I think I got what's your confusion. First of all, Pokemon does not use a NAND memory, but it must have some kind of protection. Cartridges have their own rewritable memory, only the Gateway 3DS uses the SD Card for save files storage and also 3DS eShop games.

Do you think it may be possible for this device to work with games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing in future? I only think cheats/modding is ok as long as it does not hinder another persons game experience and is done single player side.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you think it may be possible for this device to work with games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing in future? I only think cheats/modding is ok as long as it does not hinder another persons game experience and is done single player side.

I don't even own this device, lol.

Plainscript

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what are those tools for and what do they do? Curious about it :)

Open source alternative for the R4i software, which allows you to REW (Read/Erase/Write) of savegames on retail cartridges.

Note: it is writter for use with the R4i dongle. But could probably be modified for use with the 3DS Powersaves by Datel.

PS: Just got mine. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol