Hacking Powersaves 3DS - FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOOT

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We've figured out how the Powersaves device bricked carts: It's their fault.

It's simply a bad write length where the device writes too much data.

Yes, it's possible, and Datel isn't telling the truth about it being impossible to write outside of X/Y's 1MB save file region.

We simply edited a save file to have one too many bytes, re-checksumed it with their method, and wrote it back to the cart.

After restoring any backup or clearing the save, the cart remained unplayable.

Cartridge was bricked. (Though Pokebank can read its save).

Here's a video of a bricked cartridge in action:

But how come 1 person get corrupted and other person not (for example garchomp code)
I used it without problems!!

Also is there a policy that Datel has to give people new card never a mssg for. Use on own risk

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've figured out how the Powersaves device bricked carts: It's their fault.

It's simply a bad write length where the device writes too much data.

Yes, it's possible, and Datel isn't telling the truth about it being impossible to write outside of X/Y's 1MB save file region.

We simply edited a save file to have one too many bytes, re-checksumed it with their method, and wrote it back to the cart.

After restoring any backup or clearing the save, the cart remained unplayable.

Cartridge was bricked. (Though Pokebank can read its save).

Here's a video of a bricked cartridge in action:

Isn't it just upsetting when Datel refuses to admit when they are wrong? All this secretive business of theirs will bite them in the ass, hopefully sooner than later for our sake.
I have Request form Black kyurem and white kyurem can you please and the form?
Request I've slept on page presents but are not now https://powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com/coderequest/

thanks in advance
I'm sorry, I cant understand what your saying.
But how come 1 person get corrupted and other person not (for example garchomp code)
I used it without problems!!

Also is there a policy that Datel has to give people new card never a mssg for. Use on own risk
Just because one person reports doesnt mean it happened to one person only. I'm a person affected as well so do you wanna count that as two people? Lol thinking Datel is responsible for cart bricking, you knew the risks when purchasing a lucrative product like this and have to accept it. I did.

ZOOT

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just because one person reports doesnt mean it happened to one person only. I'm a person affected as well so do you wanna count that as two people? Lol thinking Datel is responsible for cart bricking, you knew the risks when purchasing a lucrative product like this and have to accept it. I did.
What i meant to say is i used code first day it came out on pokemon x and y. Still i didnt had problems
At all!!

What i try to say is what caused the save to be to big it gets corrupt!!

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
-snip-

So it seems like there's no hardware write lock on the NAND chip. This was debated a while back :P

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the debate too. How many pages did we do that in the other thread! :lol:

At least we now have an answer to what was causing that sudden rash of bricks, bad execution on Datel's part. The sad part is, I bet that there is something hid in the Terms of Use of that absolves them of any potential damage to the cart related to using the device.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just trying to say just because something doesn't directly happen with you means its not impossible.

Thats like if there were reports of misplaced orders at Taco Bell from a few users here, just because they never screwed with your order doesn't mean it isnt possible for them to screw up. Its fair to give warning so others can see the negative repercussions and proceed with caution on using the product or service. I dont see why anyone would think this is made up just to "scare away" users from participating.

ZOOT

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never say its not possible.
But my question is what caused it brick the game?
And also why does it infect 1 game and not the other!!
If it really is the code them all games would suffer from same code still it where only couple people!!!

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are talking about ?
i am talking about box viewer only to know the IVs and shiny
You didn't do a good job explaining, I assume you meant the ram dumping to edit your game (definitely arent gonna make that public.)

What your looking for is Keysav, this can be used with both physical copies of the game (using powersaves to dump saves) and digital. However with the release of the shiny code I would just use that instead since your doing more work for yourself for the same result.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37221-(X-Y)-KeySAV-Box-Data-Viewer

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You didn't do a good job explaining, I assume you meant the ram dumping to edit your game (definitely arent gonna make that public.)

What your looking for is Keysav, this can be used with both physical copies of the game (using powersaves to dump saves) and digital. However with the release of the shiny code I would just use that instead since your doing more work for yourself for the same result.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37221-(X-Y)-KeySAV-Box-Data-Viewer
i am more interested n IV check
and this only check for the first 6 pokemon
but this it say all the box
but i couldn't understand it

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am more interested n IV check
and this only check for the first 6 pokemon
but this it say all the box
but i couldn't understand it
I remember using this program when it first came out but then shortly after the shiny code came out for Powersaves, I understand thats not what your looking for. However checking your IVs as well isnt as plausable either since there are methods you can try using powersaves, most serious breeders use 5-6 IV dittos which combined with the destiny knot method passes 5 IVs between parents, odds are within a few eggs you will get down 4-5 of those perfect IVs to the offspring, all of this can be checked with the judge ingame at Kiloude City. The ONLY reason you would want to check exact values for IVs is if you intended to go hidden power on a couple of Pokemon and making sure it has the correct values to breed over to get that desired hidden power type, this can be accomplished using your powersaves and max item code with rare candies. Save your game beforehand and level the Pokemon up to 100, the stats will total up by then and assuming its EVs are reset to 0 you will get an exact value of what its IVs are. Afterwards you can turn off your game to have it back at whatever level it was previously.

I'm sorry if this isnt a good alternative, I honestly forgot how to use the program but if you look at what I posted those should be viable solutions instead.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do the newgame decryption trick you can load your savefile in PKHeX to view all the contents of your save, including boxes. You can check anything's IVs that way if you have Powersaves.
I am sorry if I'm misreading this and maybe its too good to be true, would I be able to add my old gamesave onto a new cart using this or is this solely to check gamesaves?

Just trying to be clear, it sounded like it could restore to a new cart.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry if I'm misreading this and maybe its too good to be true, would I be able to add my old gamesave onto a new cart using this or is this solely to check gamesaves?

Just trying to be clear, it sounded like it could restore to a new cart.

No; there still is no way to re-encrypt savegames for another cart.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8