Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendokid54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else keep getting "web operation failed" on pokemon X?
It gets to step 3: server process and than stops. Ive only just used it once on my cart for BP points and now im trying the box 1 pkmn1 shiny code.

Ive used it on other games before also.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else keep getting "web operation failed" on pokemon X?
It gets to step 3: server process and than stops. Ive only just used it once on my cart for BP points and now im trying the box 1 pkmn1 shiny code.

Ive used it on other games before also.
I've had that happen to me, it is one of two things.

1. You have a corrupted save, hope you made a backup before any changes. Put it in your 3DS and check to see if its ok.
2. Its possible the server is busy, you never know.

Nintendokid54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had that happen to me, it is one of two things.

1. You have a corrupted save, hope you made a backup before any changes. Put it in your 3DS and check to see if its ok.
2. Its possible the server is busy, you never know.

Hmmm I guess its #2. Im able to boot up and play it. What time do you recommend I should try again when the servers aren't busy? (Im Pacific time)
Thanks for the response.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm I guess its #2. Im able to boot up and play it. What time do you recommend I should try again when the servers aren't busy? (Im Pacific time)
Thanks for the response.
The only possible reason I would think its a corrupted save is because you cant send them to datel or it will be rejected just like you were experiencing. I'd say try in the morning when noone else is likely will be using it. If there is still problems I would email.

The whole rubbing with alcohol trick was something early users of the device were using but there has been updates to the program since then to better read on Card2 games.

ghfghf7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone see any reason this wont work on SSBB2 because if nintendo cant stop that i will be really depressed when glory hackers wreck me

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone see any reason this wont work on SSBB2 because if nintendo cant stop that i will be really depressed when glory hackers wreck me

Right now, there is no reason why Datel can't roll out save edits for it.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Smash Bros for 3ds and Wii U

SSB4 will most likely be made with SDK7. There's no physical SDK7 game yet (IIRC) so Datel can't work with it yet. However, IIRC 7.x encryption is similar to 6.x, so it might not be too hard.
And if it's true that they have a 3DS farm, then they could crack anything anyway.
You'll only be able to cheat for items and characters anyway, so it's not a big deal.

leowalle

I am awesome so is Black Kyurem so yeah.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i buy a Gateway, will i be able to use other peoples saves for my Y? Just a clarification cause i don't want to spend $80 for the Gateway and then $120 for the 4.1-4.5 3DS.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i buy a Gateway, will i be able to use other peoples saves for my Y? Just a clarification cause i don't want to spend $80 for the Gateway and then $120 for the 4.1-4.5 3DS.

You can use other saves for Y only if it is the ROM version. You cannot swap them for carts. You can trade things between a ROM and a cart (but this is only accomplished via local trades only.) You cannot perform online trading using the ROM.

So far, we have confirmed that it works for two particular versions of the ROM. You need one of the save extractor tools to do this which can be found on the community save thread.

Reactions: KenoDB

leowalle

I am awesome so is Black Kyurem so yeah.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use other saves for Y only if it is the ROM version. You cannot swap them for carts. You can trade things between a ROM and a cart (but this is only accomplished via local trades only.) You cannot perform online trading using the ROM.

So far, we have confirmed that it works for two particular versions of the ROM. You need one of the save extractor tools to do this which can be found on the community save thread.

Yeah i meant my Y ROM. Thanks for the info ;)

Pkm collector1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deoxy and ratom was added in the alt form code also all berries added to the berries code thinking it will just give u all berries with out x999 in them

Brian Pinkosky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your error? Is it web operation, game cart not detected?

Need more details.

Hello RemixDeluxe, it is "The Web Operation Failed!" error. Any suggestions as to why this may happen? Does it stop working with Powersaves Pro when I get farther into the game? Any suggestions on how to maybe correct this problem? Thanks in advance.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello RemixDeluxe, it is "The Web Operation Failed!" error. Any suggestions as to why this may happen? Does it stop working with Powersaves Pro when I get farther into the game? Any suggestions on how to maybe correct this problem? Thanks in advance.
Well the good news is its not cart related, the program does depend on a network connection so make sure it doesnt disconnect on you while you operate the program. Web operation error is a network related problem meaning its a problem on your end or Datel's end.

Brian Pinkosky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the good news is its not cart related, the program does depend on a network connection so make sure it doesnt disconnect on you while you operate the program. Web operation error is a network related problem meaning its a problem on your end or Datel's end.
Ok, thanks for the tip.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've figured out how the Powersaves device bricked carts: It's their fault.

It's simply a bad write length where the device writes too much data.

Yes, it's possible, and Datel isn't telling the truth about it being impossible to write outside of X/Y's 1MB save file region.

We simply edited a save file to have one too many bytes, re-checksumed it with their method, and wrote it back to the cart.

After restoring any backup or clearing the save, the cart remained unplayable.

Cartridge was bricked. (Though Pokebank can read its save).

Here's a video of a bricked cartridge in action:

Reactions: Hozu and MGS1980

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
We've figured out how the Powersaves device bricked carts: It's their fault.

It's simply a bad write length where the device writes too much data.

Yes, it's possible, and Datel isn't telling the truth about it being impossible to write outside of X/Y's 1MB save file region.

We simply edited a save file to have one too many bytes, re-checksumed it with their method, and wrote it back to the cart.

After restoring any backup or clearing the save, the cart remained unplayable.

Cartridge was bricked. (Though Pokebank can read its save).

Here's a video of a bricked cartridge in action:
snip
Can't you write 0xFF's back to the area where you overwrote the save to fix it? Because FF's are all that remain after the 1MB save region until the end of the cartridge image (at least in a rom dump).

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you write 0xFF's back to the area where you overwrote the save to fix it? Because FF's are all that remain after the 1MB save region until the end of the cartridge image (at least in a rom dump).

I tried that, and it didn't work.

I'll see about finding someone with a gateway in my area and dumping the ROM for the cartridge in question for comparison purposes.

Babali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that likely what happened with the Garchomp code they temporarily removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/