Hacking Powersaves 3DS - FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

leowalle

I am awesome so is Black Kyurem so yeah.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Powersaves are not compatible with Gateway if you mean that.

You know how you can't use other peoples saves on your XY carts because they are CARD2 games? Well, since LBW is a CARD1 game, can you use other people's saves with LBW?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love if for ACNL to have codes to get region exclusive items, such as beans, grapes, and sparkling cider.
Also the 7-11 Items!!! :D
The items are already released and cloneable, I recommend going to a topic dedicated for animal crossing and find someone willing to share.

Another question for you guys, powersave worth the value?
Yeah its definitely worth it (to me) but noone else can judge that but you. Its fun especially after finishing a game.

Xapples

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are encrypted, until they can be reencrypted to the cart we can't use them.

Actually, I checked all the carts I own, and Super Mario Sticker Star had saves for various points in the game. That's was the only game that had anything available in that tab, though.

bivoltbr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please,
Since Datel Powersave dongle is able to decrypt and encrypt pokemon saves, can i use it to fix the corrupt save error, when migrating from realnand to emunand?

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please,
Since Datel Powersave dongle is able to decrypt and encrypt pokemon saves, can i use it to fix the corrupt save error, when migrating from realnand to emunand?

The dongle does not actually decrypt/encrypt the save. That is done on Datel's side of the server. You cannot use it to fix that.

ToshiCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I can say is check the official site and see what games are supported. If you do own the power saves just insert your game in and it will upload any codes available. If you don't see any feel free to drop a request on their site.

Remember. This supports 3DS games. Not DS. So there is no confusion.

Alright. Checked and there are no codes for it currently... Thanks for the help ;)

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=(
Thanks for the reply.

No problem. Sorry for the bad news. The only things capable of signing saves correctly is a modded 3DS with custom made software which basically turns the 3DS into a virtual save signing machine. That is most likely the backbone of Datel's servers for Powersaves and will be the only way to do it for a long time to come.

Nintendo has done a very good job this time around on encryption. Of course, nothing is fool proof; however, progress into hacking this system and its games has been slow because of it.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Sorry for the bad news. The only things capable of signing saves correctly is a modded 3DS with custom made software which basically turns the 3DS into a virtual save signing machine. That is most likely the backbone of Datel's servers for Powersaves and will be the only way to do it for a long time to come.

Nintendo has done a very good job this time around on encryption. Of course, nothing is fool proof; however, progress into hacking this system and its games has been slow because of it.
So why hasnt it been possible for all games if they have the modded 3DS to do this?

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well first, there is an issue with carts played on current software modded units. There have been several changes in the encryption methods that have rolled out on various firmware updates. The trouble with saving something on a cart played using a Gateway for instance, is that a non modified system will not recognize those saves as valid. From what I've read, this is most likely due to the Gateway modded units actually applying an older encryption that should not be available to be applied to that cart (for instance using the methods rolled out for firmware version 4 on a new title that requires firmware version 6. That cart should not be allowed to be played on version 4 firmware; however, you can bypass that using Gateway. When you stick that cart into a unmodified unit, it is expecting to see the methods used for carts that should be present in version 6. It sees an encryption that shouldn't be there and kicks it out as corrupt. Now this is simplified and even I may have misinterpreted what I read, but that is how I took it.

As for people using unmodified units and game carts, ask Datel why they haven't supported it. I would assume that they are dedicating the greatest amount of resources to accommodate the areas they see gives them more bang for their buck. They already have games that have Powersaves available for them, so it's like you are swapping saves already in a way (that is assuming that they are not taking any rudimentary data that you may have stored on the cart and applying one big save edit.) They have already proven that they can successfully decrypt a save and encrypt it again with all the bells and whistles needed to make the game see the save as valid.

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to form a software method to overcome the AES-MAC, and you are literally relegated to hijacking the system and making it sign what you want it to sign. The only way to do that is through a 3DS mod of some kind and custom made software. The closest that we have to this is the save swapping between Pokemon games on Gateway modded devices. Granted we are not editing it like Pokegen or Datel, but we are carrying out edits bluntly (by just doing straight up trades,) using our 3DS to apply the proper Gateway encryption, and then porting it over to somebody else. The device treats it like it was a cart that was played on a different unit. Now this is no where near as complex as what is being done by Bond697 and Slashmolder. They are doing edits to their save and successfully re-encrypt their altered saves. As we all know, when we get our saves back from Datel, it is not starting up like a cart played on a different device. This just goes to show you how much more control that they have over the encryption using their mods. There isn't any reason that I could see why they couldn't extrapolate that into some sort of save swapping (although I'm not anywhere near a hacker on the level of Bond697, Slashmolder, and Smea. so this is just speculation on my part) After all, I can take my version of a game (card1 and card2,) play it on anybody's 3DS and save, and then bring it back to mine without any difficulty.

The work being done by these guys will definitely shed some light on possible ways to overcome the difficulties of save encryption. We just won't know how much is capable of truly being done until they release more of their findings. Even Kaphotics though has said that a pure software method to do this like in last gen is a long way off. Right now, we are at Datel's mercy.

Reactions: kingaz

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also been getting a no hardware found any one other then me getting that? I think the usb cable may be bad don't won't to replace it unless i know 100% it is that the no hardware found has started happening today and is doing it a lot.

Take a read at this.
http://www.datelcustomerservice.com/?portfolio=3ds-ar-power-saves-pro

"
If this “NO HARDWARE FOUND” message is displayed in the Power Saves Software…
  1. Be sure the Power Saves Game Port is properly connected to the USB 2.0 port on your computer.
  2. Be sure the USB cable is properly, and fully, inserted into the Power Saves Game Port hardware.
  3. Be sure the device drivers have been properly installed."

Reactions: leerpsp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2