ROM Hack Power button app

Jason Erds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running Reinand CFW and the power button takes a beating every once in a while. I need an app which could power up/down the device right from emunand. Can someone recommend me such a utility?

Reactions: ChrisN8

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Removing the battery?

More seriously, I don't really think it exists yet, as it would probably not be useful for many people. It would probably be possible to make though.

Reactions: 730

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boot into ninjhax and then I believe there's a way to shut down without the power button from within the menu... at least until something else is made that's a temporary solution

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there isn't such an option (sadly).
must be rxTools menu that I'm confusing it with then... well I guess you could boot the rxTools menu and reboot from there, not ideal but useful I guess.... at any rate as long as the power button isn't jammed down super hard I think it'll hold up for a couple million presses :) that is if you're only worried about durability

Jason Erds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
must be rxTools menu that I'm confusing it with then... well I guess you could boot the rxTools menu and reboot from there, not ideal but useful I guess.... at any rate as long as the power button isn't jammed down super hard I think it'll hold up for a couple million presses :) that is if you're only worried about durability

Hah! Yes, Nintendo quality is durable of course. This is a new "New" 3DS with an IPS screen, a unicorn, and I was just wondering if there was a way to keep its integrity for generations to come.

But seriously though, you are right, it will hold up. Still, an app like this would make life simpler when shutting down the console, instead of awkwardly jamming fingers up the 3DS under-carriage.

Jason Erds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand. Why would you want to shutdown your console if your power button doesn't work properly?

It is working properly; I just hate where it placed on the N3DS, especially if you have a TPU case on. Secondly, an app like this would take the abuse away from the power button. I installed CFW yesterday and have turned it on and off a million times (beginner, still hah!), so it got me thinking if there was software solution to it in the homebrew world.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently we can cause the 3DS to shutdown by writing to certain hardware registers ( http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/I2C_Registers ), but I've heard it's sort of dangerous, so that might possibly be why nobody's written an app for it yet.
Yep there's i2c something (forget the name) by Archshift that can reboot, shutdown etc with the i2c registers. I've also heard the same thing but never had any issues with it myself (my decrypt9 branch uses the shutdown/reboot i2c).
I haven't tried it as a cia so no idea if it'd even work in emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah see that's were you're wrong it's the shitbox everything has to be very serious