OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The tittle sums it all up.
According to the official website Pokemon Black and White have a DSi enhanced feature called Video Chat which allows players to interact with other players in a webcam and mic style interaction. This could mean that right off the bat that the Pokemon Black and White games will not function on a DS Flash card or may have problems...the other thing is the IR port.

The official cartridge will have an IR port built into it, this is something that a flash card can not re-create. This may or may not activate an anti-piracy measure linked to a hardware checksum.

In order for Pokemon Black and White to function on day one, there will need to have been an OFFICIAL leak of the ROM and a pro reverse-software engineer or an update to AKAIO from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 or 1.8

There is also a third attempt that may or may not be unlikely, the POKEMON GLOBAL LINK which is a feature that I do have an interest in using. It uploads portions of your save file data to a server under an account and you can log into the website and challenge other people to battles, send one of your pokemon to the dream world, and a bunch of other things.

Hey NORMMATT, YELLOW GOBLIN, this is just a fair warning...n00bs will flame and spam, be ready for it.

Pokemon Black and White FAQ:
Q:Will Black and White work on AKAIO 1.7.1 clean.
A:I am not entirely sure, it may work, or Nintendo may put in anti-piracy that will need to be patched.

Q:Will Black and White work with Pokemon Battle Revolution?
A:No, because Black and White are 5th Gen games while PBR is designed for the 4th gen games.

Q:Will Black and White work with the Third gen games
A:Most likely no, no feature of GBA to DS "migration" has been announced, but a workaround is to transfer your 3rd gen Pokemon to the 4th gen games and then use the 4th gen to 5th gen migration method (after you have beaten black and white of course) to transfer your 3rd gen Pokemon to the 5th gen. Please note that this is a one-way two-step migration and Pokemon sent from the 4th gen to the 5th gen CANNOT be SENT BACK, also there must be AT LEAST 6 Pokemon in a Pokemon box so 1 Pokemon MUST be left behind (MAGIKARP)

Q:Will NORM and YELLOW GOBLIN supply a fix if the game does not work
A:I am in no position to speak for them but I can assume that a patch for the game will be released or a firmware update will become available but may I first suggest using all DMA modes, RED(B), BLUE(A), GREEN(X), and YELLOW(no key press) before complaining about the game not working.

Q:Can I post a game issue that I am having with Black and White when it comes out on GBATemp.
A:Sure you can, but I doubt anyone will care. You could try the official AKAIO forums, but BE SURE TO READ UP ON THE RULES AND PROPERLY DEBUG THE ROM BEFORE POSTING AN ISSUE, also STICK TO THEY FORMATS THEY GIVE YOU, it helps keep future releases frequent. If all else fails, shout "REGGIE!!!"

Q:Can I have your Black and White FC so that I can battle you with my 1337 Pogeymonz?
A:Woah cowboy...take it easy, Pokemon Black and White are not even out yet. But rest assured, I will release my Black and White PRIMARRY FCs(Which may change) on my Youtube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/dj91990) and on my website (http://www.freewebs.com/djnintenfreak) when I get my FC or if they change.
*Please be sure to read the notes next to any Friend Codes as I will have a save file that I use hacks on and one that I do not.

Well that is all, now I think I should have posted this in the games section instead, oh well.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You just said it to yourself, it has a DSi enchanced function, not exclusive. Meaning for sure DS/DS Lite can run them problem free.

Update: I checked it again, Pokemon Black/White is still a DS game. It will run perfectly on DS Phat and DS Lite.

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh that, i didnt buy HG/SS (takes forever to be sold in my country and then i dont have money)so i didnt know about that >_>

Knew about the phones though

Optimatum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I beg to differ. AKAIO uses the loaders, not the firmware, to load games. It'd be a loader update than a complete upgrade for the firmware.

haroon90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with these dsi enhanced games does that mean the enhanced elements will not function on a flashcart when used in a dsi?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
penthaler said:
Guys and what about VIDEO CHAT in this game?
IT CANNOT work on ds because DS doesnt have BUILT IN CAMERA!

So this game will be at least for DSi, but I think, that 3DS will be main device for WHITE/BLACK...

VIDEO CHAT -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pqwvp97hl4...amp;feature=sub

DSI preview -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqcVf4Da23Q
All it means is that video chat will not work on the DS nor a DSi with a flashcard, It can still work on a DS. Doesn't bother me, I don't go on nintendo WFC for pokemon anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte