Potential Vita backup loading breakthrough?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is to decrypt everything else (easy), and then use this or something like it to get a decrypted eboot.
A vpk is literally just a renamed zipfile.

This only works for certain eboots, over a certain FW version and only a certain type. But not only must you decrypt it, but then you must also reconstruct the header and inject it into the boot before it will even play. So this tool is mostly useless right now...

Reactions: Rizzorules

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
holy shit this scene is crazy. every day I wake up and something new has exploded.

it these guys can decrypt and launch any game . . . oh man.

Reactions: Rizzorules

HohoKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
PSV第一款完整解密游戏
-> PSV first fully decrypted game
转自KF 原帖地址
-> Originate from KF address
-address snipped-
前段时间貌似出现过一个解密的游戏?但那个游戏似乎是从开发机上直接提出来的?反正那游戏我没兴趣
-> Awhile ago, there was seemly a decrypted game(Adventure Time), however it seem to originate from development kit. Anyway that game didnt interest me.
完事儿现在我解的这个游戏是卡带版东京迷城,不知道算不算是第一个?
->now i had completed decrypting the cartiage version of Tokyo Xanadu, i wonder if it will be considered as the first (to be decrypted)
话说本来打算解伊苏8的 鉴于刚出嘛...嗯
-> anyway i originally intented to decrypt YS 8, however considering it was released recently... so yea...
然后就弄东京迷城了
-> hence i proceeded with Tokyo Xanadu
完事儿现在小于3.60的游戏不出意外我应该都能解,当然前提是我要有卡(或者哪一天我把工具发出来
-> in conclusion, it isnt surprising any game with firmware requirement 3.60 or below i will be able to decrypt. Of course i will need to own the cartiage in the first place. (or one day when i release the tool)
游戏安装使用方法:(确保psv上没有 东京迷城
-> Game installation method: (ensure your psv do not have tokyo xanadu)
1.安装 henkaku
->1. Install henkaku
2.安装 vitashell 0.7
-> 2. Install vitashell 0.7
3.本来这个时候只需要将xanadu.vpk通过vitashell带的ftp传到psv再安装就行了,但vitashell 0.7似乎并不支持太大的文件,(也许以后会修正或者出mod)
->3. Normally all you need to do is to install xanadu.vpk through the use of vitashell, however vitashell is unable to support such a large file. (Maybe this will be fixed in the future update or mod)
因此先安装 xanadu0.vpk 再在电脑上将xanadu.vpk改名为xanadu.zip并解压 完事儿将解压出来的东西用vitashell带的ftp覆盖掉ux0:app/PCSG00608里面的内容就行了
->Hence first install xanadu0.vpk. At your computer, rename xanadu.vpk to xanadu.zip and decompress. Afterward take the decompressed file and transfer it using vitashell's FTP and "cover" over ux0:app/PCSG00608 content.
4.可以玩儿游戏了
->4. Game can be played from this point forward
(最后不要手贱去点升级游戏,补丁我没解,你点了就玩儿不了了
-> (Lastly do not itchy hand and click update game, i have not decrypt the patch. If you do you wont be able to play)
(我试了下玩到第二话似乎没问题,奖杯似乎工作正常,怎么同步到psn自己琢磨,同步了奖杯会不会被ban我不知道,反正现在最新系统3.61
-> (i have tried playing till second chapter and it seemly worked fine. The throphy seem to work fine ,as for how to sync with with psn you will have to figure out yourself. I am not sure if i will be ban for syncing throphy, since the current firmware is 3.61.)
xanadu.vpk.rar
链接: -address snipped- 密码: idk2
-> link: -address snipped- password: idk2
xanadu0.vpk.rar
链接: -address snipped- 密码: ayuw
->link -address snipped- password: ayuw
(先解压成vpk
->(first decompress to vpk)

Tried to translate... hope this helps
Edit: just completed translating, i apologise if i made any mistake or if you do not understand my english.
Edit2: edited the section i am not too sure previously. The sentence make more sense now.

Last edited by HohoKing,

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
话说本来打算解伊苏8的 鉴于刚出嘛...嗯
-> anyway i intent to de-encrypt YS 8, however considering it is recently released.... so yea...
the big question is... did the same team who translated tokyo xanadu translate ys viii?

i'm not super-knowledgeable about translations so please don't eat me alive if the answer is obvious.

HohoKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
the big question is... did the same team who translated tokyo xanadu translate ys viii?

i'm not super-knowledgeable about translations so please don't eat me alive if the answer is obvious.

Erm the person is talking about de-encrypting tokoyo xanadu, not translating it.

Anyway from my understanding, the team or person who de-encrypt tokyo xanadu initially wanted to de encrypt YS8, however since YS8 was recently release, they decide not to do it and goes with tokyo xanadu instead.

Reactions: yuyuyup

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't see any plans from anyone on when Ys VIII is going to come over stateside.
As for Tokyo Xanadu, I think it's going to be translated by Aksys Games and release some time in 2017.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is everyone right now including me don't lie.

werwer.PNG

Reactions: cearp

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even have enough space for a 2gb game , I need the 64g card but there is news of someone making an adapter to use regular sd cards but that can take months /years

Buy 64gb now or wait ?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm the person is talking about de-encrypting tokoyo xanadu, not translating it.

Anyway from my understanding, the team or person who de-encrypt tokyo xanadu initially wanted to de encrypt YS8, however since YS8 was recently release, they decide not to do it and goes with tokyo xanadu instead.

The theory is he had a DRM free dev copy and didn't actually break the decryption and reinject the header into the eboot, but rather he leaked the dev version their company was translating and is just saying that for attention or to cover the fact it was a dev copy to shift blame from the translation company.

He was asking if Ys was using the same company as a way to figure out if this was indeed the case.

HohoKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The theory is he had a DRM free dev copy and didn't actually break the decryption and reinject the header into the eboot, but rather he leaked the dev version their company was translating and is just saying that for attention or to cover the fact it was a dev copy to shift blame from the translation company.

He was asking if Ys was using the same company as a way to figure out if this was indeed the case.
I see... thanks for the clarification, as i do not know of the theory beforehand hence was confused by frogboy reply.
But IMO, i think this theory make alot of sense, considering both Y8 and tokyo xandu are publish and produce by nihon falcon, it isnt too surprising that both game rights of translation is given to a single company.

Last edited by HohoKing,
Reactions: cearp

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
<snip>
<snip>
<snip>
<snip>
I think this is the true source: <snip>
Sheesh dude, all four links had the downloads in PLAIN SIGHT! I've removed the fifth one since it requires a log-in, but seeing the first four links, I'm sure that one contains it as well!

Be more careful in the future!

D

Deleted User

vita is already dead
I wish people would stop constantly saying this; it's still pretty much a myth through my eyes... the Vita is NOT dead; there are still plenty of games and content being produced for the system, and support by Sony is still ongoing, as far as I know. (well... minus the 1st-party games, I suppose...)

Anyways, back on-topic, I would imagine this is just the same story as the Adventure Time leak, where the DRM of the game was just stripped on a devkit and the eboot was slightly tweaked. It's probably going to be nothing new in my opinion, although it does interest me if the method could be looked into a little more and possibly recreated via PC applications/homebrew tools.

Reactions: cvskid and Diag

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Vita only has like 5 games worth playing ;o;

I hope someone wins the KOTH challange quickly.
I'd be really interested in how "secure" the Vita really is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there...