Potator(Supervision emulator)question

matpower

Messenger from Zero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Today I was setting up some emulators of certain obscure consoles like the Tiger Game.com and the Watari/Quickshot Supervision, googling around, I found some info about the Supervision here(and some info about the emulators), and I saw that "Potator is another Supervision emulator, developed by Xport for Windows, GP2X, and the Nintendo DS under the names Watari and PotatorDS. It is believed to be the first Supervision emulator. The final known release is Potator v0.7, but 0.6 is the most commonly found and used", I tried to Google the v0.7 one, but I failed.
So I came here to ask, does anyone have a link to that version? Or that info is wrong?

(Also sorry if that is the wrong section of the forums, I am not sure if it is on Other Handhelds or Computer Games and Technology)

Edit: I found it and it is on filetrip now. http://filetrip.net/oldies-downloads/other-oldies/download-potator-0-7-f32779.html

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Actually it was me who ported Potator to the DS.... twice once as PotatorDS and the other as Watari. Xport just took my newer SDL Potator sources and made a better frontend. I also don't remember him ever posting his modified sources anywhere :(

I dont remember a 0.7 but i could be wrong its been nearly 7 years since i last worked on Potator.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, that is interesting, I would never expect you to have ported Potator to the DS.
Well, I asked my friend to do some Googling too, he found a few dead websites, I wonder if it wasn't released or if most common sources for the download are dead nowadays.(After all, the Supervision wasn't too popular, most people never heard of it here)

Edit(Updated):After more searching, I found it and it is on FileTrip now!
http://filetrip.net/oldies-downloads/other-oldies/download-potator-0-7-f32779.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: ?tuw